Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone recognize this board?

PHOTO LINK

I'm trying to find out what's compatible with the Sumvision Cyclone X4. It's a S805 box labelled as m201/MBX/XS in build.prop. From the photo you can see it has an AP6181 wifi chip and the only marking on the board is S8 VER1.0 20140927

Does anyone know who makes the board?

Is it compatible with the MXQ and TV110?

Is there a good version of AM Linux or OpenELEC available?

Thanks!

Seems I'm a bit of a pioneer with this X4 box so I'll answer my own questions!

Although the board doesn't look anything like the TV110 board, it is compatible as I flashed it with this OpenELEC ROM http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-4.95....41112-TEST.zip which works amazingly well to my immense surprise and delight

I had to change remote.conf and kodi keymaps to get the stock remote working correctly, but so far so good: wifi, passthrough, h/w accel are all working in the 14.0-beta3 supplied, although the bug with the livetv mini preview apparent on Android is still there.

I see the dmesg error that's mentioned elsewhere but it seems to have no impact on performance, and boy is this baby fast compared to Android

Props to the developer of this one! Is it Razdolbaev here Kerber on xbmc.ru?

Comment

Working...
    X