MK808B Plus Review - Quadcore & H265 for under $50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vn800art View Post
    Hello! Logitech K400r also works close to 95% of keys out of the box!
    Must say, works on LiteBox Spanish Rom, You can find it here:

Look inside, maybe they have included other drivers, or ask there to the developers!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Gracias!
    I am not able to download from mega.co.nz. It says my updated today firefox is too out of date.

Now if only someone has a microsoft natural keyboard to try it with... Or I can borrow some other keyboard. The logcat log shows: addMdmDev don't find a match usb device(45e_db) in isKnownMdmDev So I know that is a problem at one level. Searching for isKnownMdmDev was not particularly helpful. If I could add it to a list somewhere that would probably be all I need, but where is the list hiding?
    TJ

Comment

Originally posted by iparaglide View Post
      Thank you very much for testing it out! That means it is clearly something wrong with my hardware/software and not a "feature."

I've tried both usb ports. The big one and the OTG with adapter. I have been through the original stock ROM 104K to 109K and now Finless 1.1

I guess it's back to the drawing boards. I can't do what I want to do without a real keyboard and I haven't figured out if there is a UART onboard that I can attach a pl2303 converter to. I looked at the board, but it wasn't obvious.

Thanks again! TJ
      What I gathered from Telewest's post, is whether you are using a powered USB hub to connect your keyboard or connecting the keyboard directly to the stick. It might be that the stick is having trouble supplying the keyboard with sufficient current. If you have a powered USB hub, give that a try.
      Good luck.

Comment

Having had over 20 of these little things, we can tell you that all the Rom's made here work great, Finless 1.0 / 1.1 and Christian Troy's Lollipop version etc, but at least halve the sticks we have tested have WIFI issues, as soon as you get any distance from your router, then you can see some of these sticks struggle.
        Just an FYI
        Team UX
        http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
          Having had over 20 of these little things, we can tell you that all the Rom's made here work great, Finless 1.0 / 1.1 and Christian Troy's Lollipop version etc, but at least halve the sticks we have tested have WIFI issues, as soon as you get any distance from your router, then you can see some of these sticks struggle.
          Just an FYI
          Biggest issue i run into is when using a 2.4ghz HID it causes interference with some routers. Have to get USB extender to get the receiver away from the stick and or change router. Weak power supply causes poor wifi performance as well.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Microsoft keyboard Solved Sort of

Originally posted by iparaglide View Post
            Gracias!
            Now if only someone has a microsoft natural keyboard to try it with... Or I can borrow some other keyboard. The logcat log shows: addMdmDev don't find a match usb device(45e_db) in isKnownMdmDev So I know that is a problem at one level. Searching for isKnownMdmDev was not particularly helpful. If I could add it to a list somewhere that would probably be all I need, but where is the list hiding?
            TJ
            I picked up a logitech keyboard at goodwill. It works out of the box.
            I also laboriously compiled from the aml_linario sources a new kernel and modules
            including hid-microsoft.ko. Using insmod to load it, the microsoft keyboard then works.

TJ

Comment

Thinking of getting one for spare room in d haus..any inputs...is it worth the buy this tv stick..???thanks in advance..any video reviews ,feedbacks,specially running kodi or xbmc..?? Raspberry pi 2 or MK808B PLUS??
              [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji106] [emoji106]
              Last edited by warlock09; 03-03-2015, 20:57. Reason: Mispell

Comment

On Gearbest you can find even my review! M805 comes even with Odroid C1 if I am not wrong. Plays well 720p all coded video on Spmc. Some 4k also with the provided player.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
                Last edited by vn800art; 03-08-2015, 19:55.

Comment

USB transfer speeds

Can someone who has MK808B+ and USB 2.0 external HDD (or Sata HDD in a USB2.0 HDD rack) tell me what write speed are you getting when copying stuff to that HDD connected to MK808B+ over LAN (via wired connection to MK808B+).

I'm getting only 9-10 MB/s (same as when I copy things to USB flash), while the same HDD in the same rack on my PC gets 25-26 MB/s. I'm getting the same speeds when connected directly to MK808 via regular USB port, or when HDD is connected to powered USB hub, so it's not hub's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by shamanNS View Post
                    Can someone who has MK808B+ and USB 2.0 external HDD (or Sata HDD in a USB2.0 HDD rack) tell me what write speed are you getting when copying stuff to that HDD connected to MK808B+ over LAN (via wired connection to MK808B+).

I'm getting only 9-10 MB/s (same as when I copy things to USB flash), while the same HDD in the same rack on my PC gets 25-26 MB/s. I'm getting the same speeds when connected directly to MK808 via regular USB port, or when HDD is connected to powered USB hub, so it's not hub's fault.
                    Transferring a 250Meg file from NAS with gigabit Ethernet connection to MK808B+ using USB Ethernet adapter, results in 23MBps beginning and dropping to 12MBps.

Transfering same file from MK808B+ to NAS starts at 28MBps and drops to 18MBps.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

HI!
                      I am a total newbie, sorry.
                      Is it possible to watch 3D films with a 3D glass on an ordinary 2D televison BY USING MK808B Plus stick?

Could someone point me in the right direction or any useful links, please!

THX in advance!

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by xitpu View Post
                        - Is Netflix working smoothly?

- MAME emulator with bluetooth controller is fast enough ?

- H265 videos are played smoothly?

- H265 videos over wifi ?

Thanks a lot!

Netflix works but is not in HD (at least not with Finless). HBO Go doesn't work for me at all (it will play the "it's hbo go" and rating but not the video itself. Since MAME is a whole set of emulators the answer is both yes and no (apparently MAME has stuff that even a top of the line overclocked i7 won't run at full speed). N64 games seem to run at full speed but GTA:LCS (a PSP game) does not, even with frameskip.

Comment

Working...
                        X