Root MT8127 tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root MT8127 tablet

Hello everyone, whats the method to root a tablet based on the Quad Core 1,3 GHz // ΜΤΚ MT8127?
    I tried Towelroot but it wont work (I think because my kernel version is very recent)

Originally posted by O.C.2 View Post
    Hello everyone, whats the method to root a tablet based on the Quad Core 1,3 GHz // ΜΤΚ MT8127?
    I tried Towelroot but it wont work (I think because my kernel version is very recent)
    RCA PRO 10 with Android 4.4.2?

Few root exploits work on 4.4.2 and above...

PDANET is probably the easiest way to install the correct adb drivers.

Try Kingo Root for root first. I've heard it works, but haven't verified it myself on the MT8127. I've used it on Rockchip devices before, but in my experience it only works on 4.2.2 and below...

If Kingo Root doesn't work, I know vRoot (now iRoot) works, but it's a chinese app with no english support. You'll have to google search for instructions to use it.

Both Kingo Root and vRoot / iRoot are PC apps that require a PC and working adb connection.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thanx for replying!
      It's an MLS tablet, model iQ8123C (Spark), Kernel 3.4.67 (7 Nov/2014) loaded with 4.4.2

I'll google and try those you mentioned (hope there's no risk) and get back at you

Comment

Originally posted by O.C.2 View Post
        Thanx for replying!
        It's an MLS tablet, model iQ8123C (Spark), Kernel 3.4.67 (7 Nov/2014) loaded with 4.4.2
        I'd still skip everything else and try Kingo Root first, then vRoot / iRoot.

Be sure to report back on what did and did not work...

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Kingo Root didn't work. Maybe will try the other method of wait for something more stable

Comment

Update for those interested. Rooted successfully with Root Genius. Unfortunately its one of those suspicious Chinese methods that also installs Kinguser instead of SuperSU (and messing with it kills root) oh well

Comment

O.C.2 i just bought the same tablet you have... so did u ever find a successful way to root..?

Comment

Working...
              X