Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amlogic s802 or rk3288 for stability

Hey,

I'm looking for a box with android so i can put it in the living room and watch 720/1080p movies with my family with xbmc, popcorntime and showbox... And i've read s802 is more stable and the rk3288 is faster but i think stability is the priority here...

Thanks
    Last edited by erdal67; 12-05-2014, 15:53.

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by erdal67 View Post
      Anyone?
      Theres not a lot between the amlogic & rk3288 I would Say there as good as each other I love my tronsmart orion R28 But I also love my beelink m8 so if I was buying again i think I would let the price & best deal decide...
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Re: Amlogic s802 or rk3288 for stability

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
        Theres not a lot between the amlogic & rk3288 I would Say there as good as each other I love my tronsmart orion R28 But I also love my beelink m8 so if I was buying again i think I would let the price & best deal decide...
        Which one would you choose with stability at playing video's and the device itself?

Thanks

Comment

Good advice

Originally Posted by blinkone
          i think I would let the price & best deal decide
          But i would at.. after finding possible buys...
          check-out user feedback / youtube vids.. cnx reviews and see if Freaktab supports the unit
          -make sure, the box has a Stock FW, Otg port / reset-button and made by a good maker : rikomagic, minix, bee-link
          If you buy your first unit.. then buy one, with lots of install space (8gb or higher)

My advice..
          Popcorntime/torrents.. not all isp allow this (like dutch xs4all, you can bypass this using proxy/vpn)
          -same goes for open-hotspots/uni-internet , most dont allow 'meta-data'
          Try something cheap, like s805 from bee-link

Comment

One more advice:
            Avoid the round boxes, like Tronsmart S89 + Co. like the plague.
            Wide spreaded, broken HDMI Ports!

Comment

Re: Amlogic s802 or rk3288 for stability

Originally posted by vel2000 View Post
              One more advice:
              Avoid the round boxes, like Tronsmart S89 + Co. like the plague.
              Wide spreaded, broken HDMI Ports!
              I was just thinking about buying the vega... So which one will be a good choice then?

Thanks

Comment

I have both boxes m8 is far more stable firmware wise. The rk3288 is better specs but the software isint as mature as the m8 boxes. If you don't mind using a 3rd party rom and tinkering with the 3288 go for that for a stable box that just works go for the s802

Comment

Working...
                X