Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No computer to do update--------HELP

Hello All,

I dont have a computer to update the firmware, but watching a youtube video on the minix it says the update file can be copied to the "root" and it will commence an update

I have es file explorer , found the downloaded file, renamed it to "update.zip"

But for the life of me cant find the root!

Iv tried to paste it into the root folder, didn't work, tried internal_sd still no

Can anyone show or tell me the folder tree to where this file must go,

Many thanks

Mart

The root folder on Unix, Linux and Androids is always represented with the "/" ( forward slash )

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
      The root folder on Unix, Linux and Androids is always represented with the "/" ( forward slash )

Ok, thank you for that, but it appears the box is bricked, so i'm looking for a new box that auto updates
      right from the word go

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by martkt10 View Post
        Ok, thank you for that, but it appears the box is bricked, so i'm looking for a new box that auto updates
        right from the word go

Thanks again
        It is unlikely that your box is bricked... but you are likely to need a computer to correct whatever it was that you did incorrectly.

Comment

if you have a internet-cafe in the near at your home go in an ask for a pc with XP upto Win 7 and USB 2.0. load your custom rom to a usb-stick and root your device at this internet-cafe.

Robert Lemke | Cologne (Ger)

Comment

Originally posted by robertlemke4 View Post
            if you have a internet-cafe in the near at your home go in an ask for a pc with XP upto Win 7 and USB 2.0. load your custom rom to a usb-stick and root your device at this internet-cafe.

Robert Lemke | Cologne (Ger)
            Most of the inet cafe's here don't allow you to install drivers which are required to connect with

Comment

Working...
            X