Power button isses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power button isses

I am not sure why but when I first got the draco meta I noticed my mele f10 deluxe the power button could be used to put the draco into sleep mode but I was not able to wake it back up with the same button. Later it seemed to work just fine. Even if I did a full power off. But now I find it just sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I thought it was like a timing thing. Maybe after a certain amount of time it goes into some deep sleep and then at that point I have to use the orignal remote power button.

I am not sure but I've even had once that even the original remote failed to work to wake up the box and I needed to unplug it and plug it back in.

I have the latest tronsmart firmware.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience power button issues.

Originally posted by freakdave View Post
    I am not sure why but when I first got the draco meta I noticed my mele f10 deluxe the power button could be used to put the draco into sleep mode but I was not able to wake it back up with the same button. Later it seemed to work just fine. Even if I did a full power off. But now I find it just sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I thought it was like a timing thing. Maybe after a certain amount of time it goes into some deep sleep and then at that point I have to use the orignal remote power button.

I am not sure but I've even had once that even the original remote failed to work to wake up the box and I needed to unplug it and plug it back in.

I have the latest tronsmart firmware.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience power button issues.
    Same thing happened to me....I too had to unplug and plug it back...this happened when I left the Draco box on for a few hours with the TV off...when I turned the TV back on...nothing but the TV logo..I don't know if it is a Kitkat thing or what???

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid View Post
      Same thing happened to me....I too had to unplug and plug it back...this happened when I left the Draco box on for a few hours with the TV off...when I turned the TV back on...nothing but the TV logo..I don't know if it is a Kitkat thing or what???

im having this problem alot now. always having it unplug it and plug it back in to power it up

very annoying

Comment

im having this problem alot now. always having it unplug it and plug it back in to power it up

very annoying
        Arggg this thing is annoying as hell. Doesn't matter if I do a full power down or just the sleep. If I don't use the box for like 5 hours, I will have to unplug if and plug it back in to get it up and running again.

Pretty useless for me. Unless there is a firmware fix for this at some point this box is not gonna get much use from me.

Comment

I do have that problem with stock rom too!
          Last edited by frhdt007; 12-10-2014, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by frhdt007 View Post
            I don't have that problem with stock rom!
            yeah I think its a more random thing. Seems to be working for me lately when I power down. Not sure what exactly triggers the problem.

Comment

Try to close your apps before you put that box to sleep, your problem may go away.

Comment

It's not random, it depends on the last app still open when you turn it off. Some website could cause this problem, even with tablet !!!

Comment

It's not random, it depends on the last app still open when you turn it off. Some website could cause this problem, even with tablet !!!
                  I've been doing a full shutdown instead of the sleep at it still seems to not recognize the power button at times. But for me it seems to work much better with full shutdown. Much fewer problems.

Just now, the power button worked but the box just froze on the white tronsmart logo with no animation. First time that happened.

Comment

Re : Power button isses

I've been doing a full shutdown instead of the sleep at it still seems to not recognize the power button at times. But for me it seems to work much better with full shutdown. Much fewer problems.

Just now, the power button worked but the box just froze on the white tronsmart logo with no animation. First time that happened.
                    What rom do you use? Stock or Finless???
                    What app did you use before shutting down ?
                    Do you have any hard drive connected with usb ?

Comment

What rom do you use? Stock or Finless???
                      What app did you use before shutting down ?
                      Do you have any hard drive connected with usb ?
                      I have the latest tronsmart official rom. homlet 4.4.2-a80-v2.0rc3. Didn't want to try finless yet since it was marked beta and wanted to read more about bugs, if any with it first.

I am using Kodo 14.0 RC3 now mostly. But I exit it first, then shut down.

Using the Nagrace launcher as well.

No hard drive connected to it. Wireless gamepad/usb ir attached though.

Comment

For the test, just uninstall Nagrace launcher!!!
                        I have the same configuration than you, but I don't use xbmc for streaming!!!
                        For display, I set HDMI 1080 ,60 and 100%, sound hdmi

Comment

For the test, just uninstall Nagrace launcher!!!
                          I have the same configuration than you, but I don't use xbmc for streaming!!!
                          For display, I set HDMI 1080 ,60 and 100%, sound hdmi
                          I don't seem to have that issue anymore. I've been shutting down kodi before shutting down and using the tronsmart remote and it seems to work without issues now. Whether I do a full power off or just sleep it seems to work. Maybe an app auto updated or switching to kodi rc3 resolved it. dunno. Seems fine now.

Comment

Re : Power button isses

I don't seem to have that issue anymore. I've been shutting down kodi before shutting down and using the tronsmart remote and it seems to work without issues now. Whether I do a full power off or just sleep it seems to work. Maybe an app auto updated or switching to kodi rc3 resolved it. dunno. Seems fine now.
                            So, I'm right to say that it was caused by an app!!!! Happy that you don't have that annoying problem anymore!!! We can confirm that stock ROM doesn't cause that problem by itself!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X