WebGL support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WebGL support

While anxiously waiting for my Beelink R89 to arrive, I am curious if anyone has tried WebGL on the RK3288. I believe you will have to use the Chrome browser to try it.

WebGL is used for rendering interactive 3d graphics and 2D graphics within any compatible web browser without the use of plugins. The GPU needs to support it though.

This is the demo I would like to try when I get my box...

I'm afraid that for time beeing WebGL will be unavailable for Chrome on Android.
    In Chrome://gpu tab I've got that information:
    • WebGL is disabled on Android unless GPU reset notification is supported
      Disabled Features: webgl
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
      I'm afraid that for time beeing WebGL will be unavailable for Chrome on Android.
      In Chrome://gpu tab I've got that information:
      • WebGL is disabled on Android unless GPU reset notification is supported
        Disabled Features: webgl

Thanks for looking into that Gormar. It would have been nice if it was supported. There will still be plenty of other things for me to play with when my R89 arrives.

Comment

I was able to get WebGL working on the Beelink. In the Chrome browser that Wasser included as the default, enter "chrome:flags". Then all you have to do is enable the first entry, "Override software rendering list".

Enjoy

Comment

I created a site with many WebGL demos in a responsive iframe for tablet use. Please have a look at WebGLGames.com

Rian
          WebGLGames - Plugin-Free Browser Games

Comment

Working...
          X