Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LocalCast app on android device

Hello

Has anyone used a LocalCast app on their android device? Somebody told me that instead of buying android tv boxes just use my android tablet and install LocalCast. use this to stream media from my android tablet to my TV via atv3 or alike.

what would be the advantage of this set-up than using android tv boxes.

I recommend trying it. The apps are free to install. If it's all you need then you're good. There are other apps that do this too: Allcast and ToasterCast. I prefer having a standalone box because it's easier and more reliable. I can never get Localcast to see Apple TVs. ToasterCast is my favorite but allcast is really cool because there's actually a chrome extension that allows you to stream from your android tablet to a computer too (which I do actually use on occasion, I know that seems odd but there are some apps that I just can't get the same content on my computer directly)

Originally posted by iTmErO View Post
    Hello

Has anyone used a LocalCast app on their android device? Somebody told me that instead of buying android tv boxes just use my android tablet and install LocalCast. use this to stream media from my android tablet to my TV via atv3 or alike.

what would be the advantage of this set-up than using android tv boxes.
    Last edited by goodhur; 12-14-2014, 18:23. Reason: Syntex

Comment

Working...
    X