Generic HD Quad Core Android 4.2 Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic HD Quad Core Android 4.2 Box

Hi all. I've recently purchased one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Generic HD Quad Core Android 4.2 Box to use as a media player/emulator - XBMC, mainly to stream ISO's over home network, and Marvin (got to love the Spectrum). Based my decision on Amazon reviews - probably should have researched a little more first. Thanks to this site, I've found out that this box is a CS918 board...and boy, is it one of many. After opening it up, I've found its a V2_5 - I've seen the sticky with the other 200 versions! Thanks to another thread, I've managed to install working drivers and root. However, I'm looking for some clarification on this 2gb ram/8gb rom claim. I'm aware that some of these units appear to have spoofed specs, and if this is the case, it's going back to Amazon, as I already have a device with 1gb ram. I've tried to identify the chips, but with little joy. Some apps report 2gb ram, some report 2gb as a faked figure (CPU Identifier). Is this a problem with all of these boards, and how can I definitively check? Thanks. Also, side note, but does anybody else get four pictures of Tux the penguin before the android boot screen ?!?!

What means?
    Originally posted by fivegoldstars View Post
    ... I've found out that this box is a CS918 board... I've found its a V2_5 ...
    CYX_CS918 V2_5 ?

Anyway... there are 2 or 4 chips near the SoC (rk3188x), not the big one (nand) which are the ram chips... you have to find out which versions they are...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Sorry..CS918 V2_6 20140929 ... might have put this in the wrong forum as I think it sounds like a T-R42 rather than a K-R42. Anyway, there are four chips, but the numbers don't bring up any results in Google. I think its 38J72 D9QVG across the middle with DJCD down the side. I'm hoping this is 4x512mb Micron modules.

Comment

Working...
      X