Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restore back to stock firmware to return UG802 for refund.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore back to stock firmware to return UG802 for refund.

Im thinking of returning my UG802 as the micro usb port is very loose and scared it might break off anytime soon. I want to send it back for a refund but I have installed finless 1.4 rom and worried they might not accept it and make excuses that I have voided the warranty.

My question is how do I flash stock firmware? Is it just putting the update.img in sd card and it will restore it? Or do I have to flash through the hard way via flash software in 1.5c rom?

Thanks in advance!!

How did you install Bobs Rom?

I hope you say the easy way... SD card.
    If so you can flash the stock Rom by placing the update.img file on the SD card.

If you did the hard way on the PC, I'm not sure you can go back to stock.
    At least not the SD card way. It would put you in boot loop.

I might be wrong, so ask Bob if that is the case.
    He might have the stock firmware version for you to re-flash back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by userx View Post
      How did you install Bobs Rom?

I hope you say the easy way... SD card.
      If so you can flash the stock Rom by placing the update.img file on the SD card.

If you did the hard way on the PC, I'm not sure you can go back to stock.
      At least not the SD card way. It would put you in boot loop.

I might be wrong, so ask Bob if that is the case.
      He might have the stock firmware version for you to re-flash back to stock.
      The hard way . Guess Ill have to wait for bobs answer. Just that paypal has said to send it back within 10 days for full refund. I was trying to get partial refund of $15 but no go.

Comment

just update via sd card. It should work!

Comment

Update via SDcard should work BUT it will not change the APP space back to stock.

What you need to do is use the RKbatch tool 1.5 and use it to flash the update.img doing a "restore" button from that tool.

Here is RKbatchtool 1.5. Since you already installed drivers for the other flash tool, you do not need to install drivers again. This tool uses the same drivers.

http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...atchtool15.zip

Run the tool. At the top click the box with ... in it and point it at the update.img file.
          Put the unit into flash mode. The switch button is like my reboot to flash mode button in this tool. If you have toggled USB device in the settings menu like I described in my readme, then the switch button should put you into flash mode.
          use the restore button not the update button to flash back to stock.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks Bob for your help. Will give it a try.

Comment

UG802 - stuck at 2 Penguins!

Ok - i followed this using a WinXp laptop and the program errored 3/4 of the way through - now the UG802 freezes on boot and wont detect in Windows.
              All was fine untl i did this and only returned to stock to try to get Sky Go working :S:S
              Help please

Comment

fixed - it was bricked!

ok - fixed it - taken apart, shorted the pin by NAND chip, powered on and then re-tried the image install - this time it went through successfully! so - back to factory - will add a seperate post re: Sky Go app... :P

Comment

Loose Micro USB

I just had 2 micro usb connectors re-soldered back to boards on UG802 Android media players. After the solder repair, I mixed and applied clear Devcon epoxy close around the port to secure it for good to the circuit board - problem solved and I'll be doing this to any additional units we purchase. I don't know - but don't think it will create any heat issues since I kept the application of epoxy clean and close to the connector. I'm also toying with the idea of putting a micro-usb in/out cell phone battery backup on the power cable supplying 5V to the media player to minimize interruption of boot process that seems to corrupt the Android system we're using. Don't do what I do - It may not be safe - and I'm not a professional - or a circuit board guru.

Comment

I have actually did the same epoxy thing to some of the new sticks I have gotten to stop it from coming off. Just be careful it does not get "into" the connector which is open in the back and blocks you from plugging in or contaminates the pins.

Recently I got a stick where they use a much better quality micro USB port. It does not "rock" back and forth like these units did. I am hoping other manufactures spend the extra .2 cents and use these.

Thanks for your tip.... I can confirm it does work.

As for the battery backup, yes it is possible. Look at the Minix X5. They do this.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...