Pipo X6 RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo X6 RileyROM 1.0

I noticed this new TV Box from Pipo over on Geekbuying.com yesterday...and Pipo was able to send me the firmware overnight. This is based on the original factory firmware for the X6. I don't have one of these boxes (yet), so I haven't tested the ROM...but the firmware is very similar to the RK3288 tablet ROM's I've been doing.

What you get is a barebones custom ROM. I've done very little debloating so you can evaluate the stock apps that are pre-installed so you can let me know what needs to be deleted.

This ROM is:

Rooted with ClockworkMod Superuser
    Debloated
    Init.d/Busybox support
    Auto Install feature on first boot
    English Default Language (All usual languages supported)
    Google Play Store fixes added
    Multi-User feature activated
    Reboot App by Petrus
    2, or 4gb user app space (by choosing the desired parameter file).

Enjoy!

Download

Please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here on Freaktab.com
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Hi

the 'Pipo X6' seems to use the same pcb as e.g. 'Kingnovel K-R68' ...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Where can i find stock rom Pipo X6?

Comment

It isn't published yet. I got it directly from Pipo support.

I will try to post a link when I'm at a PC.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Hi Randy,
          Any update on this? I got this TV Box recently and, even though it is pretty decent, the ROM it has is test-keys and not that awesome. I sent an email to the English speaking representative, and she said they have no plans to support Android 5 (even less official Android TV).
          Any chances to have a copy of the official ROM to have something to fall back if I install some ill advised ROM?

Thanks,
          ./d

Comment

I think I have the original firmware in my archives somewhere. I'll have to find it. I'll try to post a link to it when I do.

I'm sure there are more changes that can be made to this ROM by a TV Box developer....I will see about an update as I learn more of what's needed.

As you can see, there's not much traffic on this thread...and I've moved on to other projects...so I haven't added or updated much. I usually put out updates when I get new firmware updates.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Thanks for that, Randy. I'd like a totally clean ROM, not preinstalled 3rd party apps. Also, something that is user-keys, rather than test.
              There is a slowdown when downloading biggish files, but i read somewhere it may be a slow eMMC...

Thanks again.
              ./d

Comment

hello any update on this? Has anybody identified / tested compatible roms for this device?
                Or tested the one in this post?

Alternatively can u tell me how to root it?

thanks

Comment

This should also root your device http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8-EZ-Root-Tool
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Right now, the best alternative is http://www.timingpower.com/pipo-box-support TimingPower has licensed the box from Pipo and are developing ROMs for it, rooted by default.

Comment

thanks! I will try the "timing power"

Comment

Hi. Is the bootloader .bin file from the RileyROM the same as the original one provided by Pipo for the X6? If not, is it possible (allowed) for you to post the original bootloader or the original ROM .img file? I can back up the original ROM partitions with AndroidTool, but it does not copy the bootloader,
                        Thanks.

Comment

I used the same bootloader provided in the original Pipo firmware.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Hi Riley,

Have you had the chance to develop this ROM a little more? Any chance to move this to Android L or is this a lost cause?

thanks!
                            ./d

Comment

So far, all of my custom ROMs come from official Pipo firmware as the base. Since Pipo seems to have stopped firmware support of the X6...I'm afraid that Lollipop isn't an option.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X