Three choices for the best 9.7"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three choices for the best 9.7"

I loved the Cube Talk 9X. Then I dropped it ...sent it back to China for repair ...and it looks to be lost forever! Sad.

Still I have the bug ..the itch for a great 9.7" tab from China, My choices.

1. The Cube talk 9X. It was virtually perfect, so why am I even considering being unfaithful?
    It may be that I am thinking there really is a faster tab out there for me!

2. The Teclast Air II with Win 8.1 ...my second choice. Looks to excellent in many ways, but I do see some comments regarding quality from the big 'T'. Still, windows in a China tab is tempting!

3. And the FNFiFive Air with the RK3288, last but surely not least! What I read is the 3288 is battery frugal, and fast! I have no doubt the quality coming from iFive now is pretty good.

All three ...great screens, excellent build! But which is best? And an extra consideration, which is easiest to root?

Opinions?

(please)
    That is me having fits for a new tab!
    Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

I am also in the same position but only had bad experiences with China tabs so really looking for some advice

Comment

Another to consider is the Onda V989 Allwinner A80 tablet. I've been testing one for a few days. Very close in comparison to the Pipo P1.

I know there's some controversy with Antutu scoring...but so far mine is performing quite well.

I'm just getting used to the USB 3.0 port.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Was just about to write that.. Apparently the screen isn't so good and is missing GPS not that its that important.. Is it glass front or plastic?

Comment

Originally posted by lex_q View Post
          Was just about to write that.. Apparently the screen isn't so good and is missing GPS not that its that important.. Is it glass front or plastic?
          Glass or plastic above the display? I feel a comment coming!

The glass is great ...like the Gorilla Glass that is in the 9X. It won't wear like the plastic, I suppose ...making little need for screen protectors.

Still ...just don't drop it. The glass may withstand key scratches and general wear from use, but if you drop the tab ..it may hit just right and break. And if you drop it like I did my 9X ...on the edge, and the case splits opens ..the glass still good ...DON"T start trying to press the case back together without thought! Doing so in the way I did will surely bust the glass!

My Pip M8 Pro with a plastic display cover has been dropped, pressed, opened, closed ...and it is still ticking. The plastic may wear down without a protector, but for just general impact situations it is hard to beat!

Sad memories!

Comment

If speed were the criteria?

So we have the Intel, the Rockchip, the Allwinner, and the MTK ...all on quality build tablets.

Ranked 1 to 4 ..which is fastest?

1 - 4, which consumes less battery?

Comment

For me glass is better for touch.. Smoother.. In fact I don't use screen protectors for that reason alone. I was disapointed with my first Chinese tab for that reason and also the viewing angle was poor..

For what I use them for I would be happy with a decent screen with a standard resolution but wide viewing angle.. A glass front... A decent enough battery.. And a decent front facing cam. I've never understood why the rear facing can is always prioritised on a tablet when really you're more likely to Skype than take snaps with a tablet!

ANYWAY.. Back to topic.. what is the mother of all Chinese tablets at the moment? Money being no object to the point where its still saving money from buying an iPad or Samsung?

Comment

For me glass is better for touch.. Smoother.. In fact I don't use screen protectors for that reason alone. I was disapointed with my first Chinese tab for that reason and also the viewing angle was poor..

For what I use them for I would be happy with a decent screen with a standard resolution but wide viewing angle.. A glass front... A decent enough battery.. And a decent front facing cam. I've never understood why the rear facing can is always prioritised on a tablet when really you're more likely to Skype than take snaps with a tablet!

ANYWAY.. Back to topic.. what is the mother of all Chinese tablets at the moment? Money being no object to the point where its still saving money from buying an iPad or Samsung?
                If 9.7"is your size, I would think the four mentioned are about as good as we are seeing right now.
                In that list, I would place them ....
                Cube & iFive
                then Onda
                & last Teclast.

If other sizes, such as 7, 8, 10.1 are more to your liking ...then I might consider a number of better known brands ...such as Samsung. Nexus, the new Fire ...or the LG offerings for 8.9" tabs. Many of these are priced really close to what one might spend on a China tab ...especially in the smaller tabs.
                They are solid, and safe.

China tabs are not safe!

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  Another to consider is the Onda V989 Allwinner A80 tablet. I've been testing one for a few days. Very close in comparison to the Pipo P1.

I know there's some controversy with Antutu scoring...but so far mine is performing quite well.

I'm just getting used to the USB 3.0 port.
                  Randy..
                  Are you going to do a review on this tab? The new A80 looks strong ...big/little setup intriqing..

From what I am seeing, mainly Onda and Teclast using A80 ...with Teclast now moving to the Intel chipset with their latest AirII.

Maybe Onda is coming around with some really good tabs. My only experience with a 3188 model was not that good ...a year or so back.

Look forward to your comments/review.

Comment

I already did one. Check the member review section.
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Ah really? Quite surprising really considering most stuff is designed abroad and made in China I thought they were quite up to speed with the quality now especially with the likes of one plus one being such a beast of a phone

Comment

design is very nice, I plan to buy it, but I am not sure of the durability, anyone can give me more reviews
                        thanks

Comment

Ah really? Quite surprising really considering most stuff is designed abroad and made in China I thought they were quite up to speed with the quality now especially with the likes of one plus one being such a beast of a phone
                          Not sure if you are replying to my comment about C tabs not being safe, but if so ..

My reason is IF there is an issue, it can be costly to get it repaired/replaced in most cases.

For the life of me, I am not sure why I keep coming back to the China tabs. I guess it is mainly (for me) the cost factor being better in the larger sizes, plus there is something special about taking a tab and making it your own with new apps and a custom rom. Tweaking can be addictive.

I have spent way too much money, starting out with some poor quality and underpowered tabs from Teclast and Onda. And then there is the two times I have actually sent tabs BACK to the seller, only to have them disappear. One other time, a Pipo M8 Pro (which I currently still own) made it back in one pice; fixed.

Times are better now ...no doubt. Hopefully the next one will be a keeper! I wish you well.

Comment

Yeah with geekbuying opening in Spain now it should fair well for these tabs.. I don't know either.. After the first three bad experiences I swore to never bother but I see how good they've gotten now and I just can't help myself but be amazed at the price.. I've always thought the mainstream companies are charging waaay too much and these Chinese tabs prove that to me.. Some are very good for very little money others are almost perfect for what I consider the right price for these devices. Its a shame you need custom ROMs to make them function like they should.. I don't consider it tweaking I consider it fixing.. And yes its very addictive to get something working when it didn't even when all you're doing to fix it is researching custom ROMs and flashing them.

Only reason why I'm looking into it again is because even with Samsung's you can get ripped off.. Like my s3 is hopeless without custom ROM and the same for the galaxy tab 10.1.. Not safe unless you buy top end it seems

Comment

Should this one make the cut?

First ..I love the 9.7". I have read that it actually has more screen real estate than a 10.1". These new ones we are getting now have a very thin bezel on the long side, making them about 1" narrower than the iPad 2 I own. Neat!

So here is anew one on the horizon ...64 bits of power and quality! Looks pretty sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X