• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX919 II Firmware Help

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me...

FYI, I have the model: CYX_809III_v5_2_20141105

Background: I bought this CX919 II, setup the device so that it displays in 1080p, install XBMC, and it only shows 720p. Do a bit of reading and find out that it's probably upscaling and there's a separate 1080p firmware, so of I go...

Problem: So I flash the stick with the steps below, everything seems to go okay, except when I plug the stick back into the tv, nothing happens... How do I get my device back?

1 ) Download Rockchip Batch Tool and extract
    2 ) Put the USB cable into theOTG port of the CX919 II, hold the reset button and plug it into the pc.
    3 ) Windows looks for driver, I send it to the correct location, it finds the drivers, no problem
    4) Add SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE and FULLSPEEDUSB=TRUE to the config.ini file (otherwise it doesn't detect the device)
    5 ) Start Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7. It finds the device and shows a green box
    6) I select the 1080p firmware (which I got here)
    7) Click on the restore button and wait patiently for the success message
    8) Success message is displayed.
    9) Unplug device, plug device into tv
    10) Device has power, but tv tells me that there is no device connected.

So, where did I go wrong? And how can I fix the device?

I did manage to get some sign of life by using this firmware (I assume that this is the manufaturer), except all I see with this are just four flashing penguins in the top left corner.

Before it died, this is what the software info looked like..

Last edited by Veldkornet; 12-14-2014, 09:41.

CX919 II Firmware Help

At the moment I'll settle for a link to the original firmware so that I could at least have a working device again :P

Comment

Try This

Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

CX919 II Firmware Help

Tried this one now, seems to be stuck in a boot loop though...

Shows me the little Android robot with the text Smart Box, then the screen flashes (I assume it reboots) and shows the same thing. Just stays like this...
        Last edited by Veldkornet; 12-14-2014, 12:25.

Comment

give this one a try:
          百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

cheers,

Vec

Comment

Originally posted by veclinux View Post
            give this one a try:

cheers,

Vec
            Thanks, do you maybe have another link for that? The download speed is like 2KB/s, and fails often...

Comment

Originally posted by Veldkornet View Post
              Thanks, do you maybe have another link for that? The download speed is like 2KB/s, and fails often...
              try here
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

CX919 II Firmware Help

More ore less the same problem as the previous one.

The word/logo SmartTV flashes 2/3 times, then it just hangs with the logo on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Veldkornet View Post
                  More ore less the same problem as the previous one.

The word/logo SmartTV flashes 2/3 times, then it just hangs with the logo on the screen.
                  ok closest thing I could find ..............you are going to have to ask your seller for a copy of the stock firmware..........all I can think of..............sorry

cheers,
                  Vec

Comment

ok closest thing I could find ..............you are going to have to ask your seller for a copy of the stock firmware..........all I can think of..............sorry

cheers,
                    Vec
                    No worries, thanks for trying I've already contacted the seller, hopefully they can assist......

Comment

help me too

@Veldkornet

same problems here nothing works al the problems you have i had too until now no solution i have exactly the same board in the end after installing 15 roms or more i tried to install unbuntu even that didn't work for me
                      i think it is a clone with new firmware (20141105)
                      the reseller had no solution
                      i assume we are bricked

Comment

CX919 II Firmware Help

Originally posted by dixi View Post
                        @Veldkornet

same problems here nothing works al the problems you have i had too until now no solution i have exactly the same board in the end after installing 15 roms or more i tried to install unbuntu even that didn't work for me
                        i think it is a clone with new firmware (20141105)
                        the reseller had no solution
                        i assume we are bricked
                        Try this one, it's working for me:

Comment

CX919 II Firmware Help

Are you shure that is an good one for the CX919 II. I can understand that can be published as an different name, but when I try to read the following:
                          cyxtech_rk31_809iii_8723bs_141216_4.4_8g1g.rar

I understand that is for the model with 1GB ram. Our is with 2GB RAM.

Do you have this hardware?
                          Attached Files

Comment

CX919 II Firmware Help

Yes, mine is the same, except maybe a bit newer if you check my screenshots in the first posts.

I can't really comment on whether it's good or bad yet, but at least it works.

Also, in Kodi, if I go to System Info -> Hardware it's shows total memory as 1888MB.

I got this from my reseller though, I can always just check with them.

Comment

CX919 II Firmware Help

As I see it you have hardware version V5_2, mine is V5_1, defenetly is something different inside.

This firmware is rooted?

Mine have some problems in xbmc/kody, like sometimes volume is going down and I have to restart the xbmc again, or time to time the complete system again.

Comment

Working...
                              X