Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rikomagic MK802 III Android 4.1 Mini PC Stick Unboxing Review XBMC Supported!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rikomagic MK802 III Android 4.1 Mini PC Stick Unboxing Review XBMC Supported!!

Hi,guys:

We just finished a unboxing review for the Rikomagic MK802 III Mini PC, please check the detail in our offical blog:

Rikomagic company just release their new model : MK802 III, we Geekbuying.com have got the sample and do the first review. We got total 4pcs sample, they are : MK802 III white 4GB version; MK802 III white 8GB version; MK802 III black 4GB version; MK802 III black 8GB version; So which one do you like? […]

and here is a video review:
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

The question isn't whether XBMC boots but whether the XBMC built-in playback engine supports hardware decoding of Video files...

Right now with my UG802 I have to use a MX-Player-Passthrough configuration to get HD movies played back properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldbird View Post
      The question isn't whether XBMC boots but whether the XBMC built-in playback engine supports hardware decoding of Video files...

Right now with my UG802 I have to use a MX-Player-Passthrough configuration to get HD movies played back properly.
      I agree.

BTW... how did you get MX-Player-Passthrough configuration in XBMC.
      Under what settings? Please give us the details.
      Thanks

Comment

here is what i test for XBMC.

i download a 1080p file,and copy to a sd card, and then transfer the file to MK802 III,and then play the file on XBMC.

what do you want me to test, guy?
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

what model is wifi adapter? is it again realtek8188?

Comment

Originally posted by userx View Post
            I agree.

BTW... how did you get MX-Player-Passthrough configuration in XBMC.
            Under what settings? Please give us the details.
            Thanks
            Original post link:
            http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...13089&page=105

I extract from the link for your easy reference, it works like a charm:

Sorry, I was not as clear as I should have been. Don't worry about the sources, everything you need is in the dropbox link:
            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zzeie8gnp6n4ze4/gS-4P_r1KK . When I made that post, MX 1.7 was still beta, so it and the codec had to be installed via APKs. Now they're in the Market, so install them from there.

So to recap, install MX Player from the Play store and the appropriate codec for your system. Install xbmc from the dropbox link. I didn't mention this on reddit, but you'll probably want to run xbmc once so that it creates the files on the SD card. Quit xbmc, copy playercorefactory.xml to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata. Start xbmc and you should be using MX!

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond myself, only just noticed someone answered in this topic.
              Either way, yes, thats how its done.

XBMC supports player passthrough... aka. if the right configuration file is present, telling it to which player its ment to forward the video file whenever you press "play video", XBMC will do as its told and let that player handle the decoding.

This way I got the nearly full XBMC experience on my UG802 (it replaced my main mediacenter successfully) and can still do HD content without lag of any kind.

As for OP and what I want you to test... I cant really believe you that 1080p+ files are playing lagfree on an XBMC unsupported architecture like Rockchip...

If you really do get it to hardware decode shit and / or play it lagfree from within XBMC, then I would be very curious what XBMC build you've been using.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldbird View Post
                As for OP and what I want you to test... I cant really believe you that 1080p+ files are playing lagfree on an XBMC unsupported architecture like Rockchip...

If you really do get it to hardware decode shit and / or play it lagfree from within XBMC, then I would be very curious what XBMC build you've been using.
                Me too

Comment

xmbc with mx player : possible to decode 1080p videos through wifi , may lag if there is fast image change

Comment

Working...
                  X