Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iMito MX1 Android 4.1 Mini PC Build in Bluetooth Review XBMC works well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iMito MX1 Android 4.1 Mini PC Build in Bluetooth Review XBMC works well!

Hi guys:

Another new Mini PC: iMito MX1.

We have sent one sample to the great "bob" and he has tested, and give it a A+ Rating

and i think we will see this Custom Rom for iMito MX1 very soon.

ok, here is the review from ourselves:
    iMito, a famous china brand, which is focus on tablet pc business for long time, their tablet is always coming with high quality, and their tech support is also very good. Recently, this company release two Android TV stick, model is iMito MX1 and iMito MX2. Actually,the MX1 and MX2 use the same boards, same OS, […]

and we will make a video review as soon as possible,

so this one should be the first device which built in bluetooth,and we have got some stock, ready for ship.

If you can interested, here is the shopping link:
    Sliver:

Red:
    China-1 Stock | Buy iMito MX1 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Dual Core TV BOX RK3066 1.6Ghz Cortex A9 1GB RAM 8G ROM HDMI Red online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Brown:
    China-1 Stock | Buy iMito MX1 RK3066 1.6Ghz Cortex A9 Dual Core Android 4.1 TV BOX Dongle 1GB/8G Support 1080P Bluetooth OTG HOST HDMI - Brown online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

which one do you like?
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

So whats the skinny on this unit Bob?
    Do give us the testing details please.
    Hows the wifi? Bluetooth? Signal strength? Firmware?
    And most importantly, what are the bugs?

Comment

OK so my worry is if I tell you all I like it and there are sync issues, I wont like myself.

The unit with BT works great! As a Android device I love it!

My problem is I am not a video / TV guy. I only have a few vids etc to test with. I dont have a bunc of 1080P or other hi def videos! So NO POSSIBLE WAY can I tell you 100% this has no sync issues.

All I will say is this. Out of the 3 units I have now (ug802, Mk808, and MX1) the MX1 for sure has a great stock ROM and great features. It seems faster and works well to me. In fact expect me to see if I can port this ROM! It seems to be well tuned.

As to sync issues.... I am starting to think this is all NOT the device! But issues with dolby sound specs, HDMI verions and specs, and how they are supported, etc. Realize HDMI to date is still going through changes due to issues with the protocol and hardware interface! So I think we will continue to see issues as a Android OS starts getting MORE TUNED to do this function. I hope that makes sense?

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        OK so my worry is if I tell you all I like it and there are sync issues, I wont like myself.

The unit with BT works great! As a Android device I love it!

My problem is I am not a video / TV guy. I only have a few vids etc to test with. I dont have a bunc of 1080P or other hi def videos! So NO POSSIBLE WAY can I tell you 100% this has no sync issues.

All I will say is this. Out of the 3 units I have now (ug802, Mk808, and MX1) the MX1 for sure has a great stock ROM and great features. It seems faster and works well to me. In fact expect me to see if I can port this ROM! It seems to be well tuned.

As to sync issues.... I am starting to think this is all NOT the device! But issues with dolby sound specs, HDMI verions and specs, and how they are supported, etc. Realize HDMI to date is still going through changes due to issues with the protocol and hardware interface! So I think we will continue to see issues as a Android OS starts getting MORE TUNED to do this function. I hope that makes sense?

Bob
        Hi Bob,

What is the bandwidth of WIFI connection? Is there any bluetooth Fly mouse that works with it? Did you have chance to test the any Webcam with SKYPE? I want to convert my HD TV into a SKYPE ready smart TV. I need connect at least two devices to it, fly mouse and webcam. Is it possible to add the two devices without adding a USB hub?

Thanks,
        Last edited by netghoster; 10-30-2012, 17:29.

Comment

Sounds like a solid device, but the case design has me worried about overheating issues. Does this have access to the Full Google Play store or will it require a mod?

I ordered one from Geekbuying today and look forward to checking it out.

Comment

I tried my BT mouse and keyboard and they worked no problem. I do not have a flymouse so cant answer that but I do not see why it would not work.

Wifi links to my router at a solid 65Mbps. This is it's max rate best I can tell. Like the MK808 it's max is 65. But unlike the MK808 it is not dropping speed over time or dropping out.

My web cam is a face vision. It seems to be recognized by skype and offers video calling BUT it doesnt work. Skype crashes for both audio or video calls. The camera does work with camera apps though. So this appears to be a skype issue with my hardware? Or it could be the MX1. I just do not know. Oh and with camera apps, it is rotated so you have to rotate the camera for landscape mode. Also the camera WILL NOT work through a USB hub. Only directly connected.

Thera are 2 usable USB ports. The full sized one which I can hook a keyboard with built in USB hub for the USB mouse. And a micro USB port on the side which I hook my camera to. SO yes, you do have 2 ports.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

XBMC for Android

Isn't it a bit misleading to say it has XBMC support?

Sure the iMito MX1 can run the program but the XBMC for Android doesn't have hardware support yet.
              The XBMC for android just started in September, at this moment it's in alpha.

For some people XBMC can be the reason of buying these android sticks, not everyone has the knowledge about hardware rendering problems on Android.

People who are "in to" XBMC know of this but a lot of people just look at the "specs" of the android stick so when it says : "XBMC supported" it can be missleading.

Comment

I tried my BT mouse and keyboard and they worked no problem. I do not have a flymouse so cant answer that but I do not see why it would not work.

Wifi links to my router at a solid 65Mbps. This is it's max rate best I can tell. Like the MK808 it's max is 65. But unlike the MK808 it is not dropping speed over time or dropping out.

My web cam is a face vision. It seems to be recognized by skype and offers video calling BUT it doesnt work. Skype crashes for both audio or video calls. The camera does work with camera apps though. So this appears to be a skype issue with my hardware? Or it could be the MX1. I just do not know. Oh and with camera apps, it is rotated so you have to rotate the camera for landscape mode. Also the camera WILL NOT work through a USB hub. Only directly connected.

Thera are 2 usable USB ports. The full sized one which I can hook a keyboard with built in USB hub for the USB mouse. And a micro USB port on the side which I hook my camera to. SO yes, you do have 2 ports.

Bob
                Thank you for the details. It is very helpful.

Comment

Bob,

do you know if the MX1 is using the same BT chipset (MTK6622) as the UG007?

Thanks

Comment

I have ordered one of these and hope it gets here in a week or so. I'll try and answer some Q's as I will be doing a small review that covers different area's.

I snagged this one for the fact that it has BT and I need that for gaming controllers. I plan to use it for media, gaming, and hosting a website and more. I'll try and cover all area's as much as possible.

Comment

Is geekbuying legit website?
                      I placed an order on Nov 4 and paid with paypal for MX1 and Air remote, unfortunately until now I have not received any confirmation number or any form of communication from them acknowledging my order. I sent them email today, hopefully they will respond soon otherwise I will file a complaint to paypal.
                      Is that the way they operate?

Comment

they probably have some kind of new holiday or some thing we don't no about , took almost 6 weeks to get my mk808.
                        They always respond to my emails within 24 hours but never on a Sunday, but the products are basically a load of Chinese junk my remote has failed with in one week and the mk808 is useless for catch up tv and they lie about the specs to get sales but its the same for all the sellers.
                        I will be making sure to never use them again.

Comment

Email them. I did and they responded that night with my shipping code. I'll have mine around Tuesday or Wednesday. And those complaining about quality this is what you will get from any site as it all comes from the same manufacturer. But I have been OK with them once I received my tracking code and seen that it did ship that very night. So far I would recommend geek buying and use them again noting that airmail and the manufacturer is the cause of defects and they are just selling it like Walmart does and I've had my fair share of crappy products from them.

Just email them and they'll send you your tracking info.

Comment

I received mine yesterday, got it setup, and started playing around. At first, everything was great. I installed a few games, no lag, watched YouTube, and installed some other apps. The Antutu score was in the low 6000s. Not the best from the RockChip line, but a relatively stable stock experience. I installed Plex and was able to watch a 720p to the end. It froze once to buffer, but corrected itself quickly. I was able to maintain a stable 65mbps connection to a WPA2 Protected network.

The following day was a whole different experience. I was getting at best 5mbps, but an average of 1mbps connection. I saw that there was a Firmware update with WiFi stability in the changelog, so I installed it (build 1105). No luck. I can't get a connection better than 5mbps without moving the MX1 within three feet of the router. I live in a loft and there are no walls between the router & the MX1 other than the TV.

Any suggestions on how to get a stable wireless connection on the device? WiFi Analyzer shows at least 4 networks with the same channel so I will start by changing that to a lesser used channel. Has anybody had any experiences with RJ45 Adapters? I have a DLink wireless extender hooked up to the Xbox 360 that receives a very stable connection, so that's a possibility if there's an ethernet adapter that anybody can recommend.

What is everyone's experience with the WiFi on the device? Everything else has been great. Gaming performance, Bluetooth performance, Audio-Video Sync was fine in Plex & YouTube.

**UPDATE** - I changed the wireless channel to a less used channel and it has been holding at 65mbps. I also changed the power device from the tv USB to the wall AC adapter. Not quite sure if that helped or if it's just luck, but it's certainly getting higher than 5mbps.
                            Last edited by ApocalypseSticks; 11-11-2012, 21:15. Reason: Updated

Comment

iMito Mx1 network connection problm

Bob
                              Hi Bob,

Rivers here from the YouTube channel somecooltech1. I do a lot of Android mini PC reviews. If you search MK808 I should be the top result. Ive been using the MK808 and your ROMs and they have been great. I just got the iMito Mx1 and its awesome except that it has trouble connecting to my wifi network when using WPA2. I worked around the issue buy adding another router that I had and setting it up with no password. I've heard a lot of other people are having the same issue and I was wondering if you could help. I want to give it a highly recommend on YouTube but I need to figure out the network issue before I do that. Other than that the iMito is great. Its a nice improvement over the MK808 and having Bluetooth was sorely need.

Thanks so much,
                              Rivers

Comment

Working...
                              X