MK808b Plus CWM or TWRP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808b Plus CWM or TWRP?

Anyone know of a working recovery for these new sticks? Just received it today and want to do a backup before I start playing with the rom. Thanks.

Nothing that I can find yet. After a long streak of medical issues I just got this device and I'll be working to try and get CWM or TWRP working on it if possible.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
      Nothing that I can find yet. After a long streak of medical issues I just got this device and I'll be working to try and get CWM or TWRP working on it if possible.
      After I got into the recovery, I had some issues navigating because my bluetooth keyboard, USB keyboard, and USB mouse, bluetooth mouse, and Logitech Unified mouse weren't recognized and neither have a volume up or down like the displayed instructions suggest to select options... I'm guessing that we would need one of the "touch" recoveries like philz, if it supports other inputs.

Originally posted by Junia View Post
      Anyone know of a working recovery for these new sticks? Just received it today and want to do a backup before I start playing with the rom. Thanks.
      I'm having a lot of trouble finding a stock copy of build.prop for this device. I made some tweaks that I wanted to revert but my backup became corrupt. Any way that either of you can give me the contents of this file or at least the top section, between "# begin build properties" and "# end build properties"?

It sounds like you are both familiar but if not... If you have Root Explorer installed, the file is located at /system/build.prop

Comment

I can upload it when I get home from work

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Thanks. If I find out anything more about a working recovery, I'll let you know. I'd really like to rely on a good backup more than anything

Comment

Stay tuned.... I got this box and will be making a ROM for it. I will port TWRP for you guys.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

How does this m805 differ from the s805?

Comment

How does this m805 differ from the s805?
                mk808b plus have amlogic s805 chip

Comment

MK808b Plus CWM or TWRP?

Originally posted by bajann View Post
                  mk808b plus have amlogic s805 chip
                  The soc is a m805. I have mine with heat shield removed.

Comment

When you have a minute, please upload. Thanks
                    Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Stay tuned.... I got this box and will be making a ROM for it. I will port TWRP for you guys.
                    This is my first Android on a stick... I'm really looking forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                      Thanks Bob, looking forward to it. The stock ROM doesn't have the video scaling option and wanted to make a backup as mentioned was my main original goal. Wasn't sure if you were going to do anything thing with the stick but very glad to hear the king will be looking into it. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmst77 View Post
                        When you have a minute, please upload. Thanks
                        Sorry I was away for a few days. I attached a link the original build.prop. I included the 2 versions I have, 1 pulled directly from the untouched rom on the stick and the other is from the "Stock Rom" I downloaded from the geekbuying blog. I haven't looked at either yet so they may be the same but figured I'd upload both just in case. Enjoy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working TWRP Recovery MK808B Plus

So it appears this uses the same board (m201) as the Acemax MXQ and upon testing the TWRP that daemonium made for that device works with a few minor modifications to the default.prop in the recovery. All thanks should go to abdul_pt for his awesome work on the AMLogic TWRP

Download TWRP v2.8.1.0 for MK808B+
                          Last edited by noderat; 12-22-2014, 11:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Junia View Post
                            Sorry I was away for a few days. I attached a link the original build.prop. I included the 2 versions I have, 1 pulled directly from the untouched rom on the stick and the other is from the "Stock Rom" I downloaded from the geekbuying blog. I haven't looked at either yet so they may be the same but figured I'd upload both just in case. Enjoy.
                            Thanks! I ran a compare when I got to the office and they are the same
                            Last edited by jdmst77; 12-22-2014, 15:13.

Comment

So it appears this uses the same board (m201) as the Acemax MXQ and upon testing the TWRP that daemonium made for that device works with a few minor modifications to the default.prop in the recovery. All thanks should go to abdul_pt for his awesome work on the AMLogic TWRP

Download TWRP v2.8.1.0 for MK808B+
                              Is it safe to assume that we can use these instructions to flash this recovery?

After renaming recovery.img to twrp.img and confirming the correct External SD path. I don't have the device available right now but I'm not sure why I remember the path being different:
                              Installing TWRP.img from Internal SD:
                              1) Get from the Play Store Android Terminal Emulator.
                              2) Copy the file twrp.img to internal SD.
                              3) Run the terminal emulator APP.
                              4) type su
                              5) Agree to the super user prompt
                              6) Now type: dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/by-name/recovery
                              The terminal will do it’s thing and should come back with no errors.
                              TWRP is now installed.

Installing TWRP.img from External SD card:
                              1) Get from the Play Store Android Terminal Emulator.
                              2) Copy the file twrp.img to External SD using your PC.
                              3) Run the terminal emulator APP.
                              4) type su
                              5) Agree to the super user prompt
                              6) Now type: dd if=/storage/extsd/twrp.img of=/dev/block/by-name/recovery
                              The terminal will do it’s thing and should come back with no errors.
                              TWRP is now installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X