Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! How to Root Teclast T98 4G. Chip MT8752 (same that MT6752 but for tablets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot!, I'll give it a shot...!!!!

EDIT: It didn't work, but thanks anyway giouncino...you are always helping...
    Last edited by flux1000; 12-31-2014, 10:53.

Comment

Could anyone help me with the "bootloader status" of this tablet...?

I've been thinking that it could be due to a "locked bootloader" that all my attempts to root my Teclast T98 with one click solutions (iroot, framaroot, kingroot, genius root,...) have failed...may I'm just wrong, I don't know...

So, I'm trying to know the bootloader status (locked or unlocked) of my tablet. I've been able to use SP Flash tools to flash back my recovery.img, because the custom CMW ( from Riley ROM)/TWRM failed...

My first though was to use "adb" command "adb get-state" which reported "unknown".

Any help would be very well welcomed...

Comment

I don't think it's a problem of locked bootloader:
        on my cube talk 9x "one click" solutions always failed but I was able to flash TWRP

I still don't have any new info about TWRP or custom recovery availability for MT8752 tablets, I'm sorry...
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          I don't think it's a problem of locked bootloader:
          on my cube talk 9x "one click" solutions always failed but I was able to flash TWRP

I still don't have any new info about TWRP or custom recovery availability for MT8752 tablets, I'm sorry...

Thank you for cherring me up, giouncino. I'm doing my best at looking for a working root application, but, at the moment, It's fruitless..

Comment

I'm doing the same on spare time to help users as you and others with cube t9, but nothing new is out for the so new MT8752, it's really strange!

Comment

BTW the engineer mode in the Teclast T98 is accesed with *#*#3646633#*#* with the dial numbers...maybe is also useful for the Cube T9.
              Give it a shoot!

Comment

ROOT ACCESS OBTAINED!!!!

Ok, finally I dared to install the rooted ROM available on the BBS Teclast, and i works...It's rooted!!! My Teclast T98 has ROOT access at last!!!

I had ROM V 1.08 installed, and this ROM is the same but rooted, so i only had to install "system.img" through SP Flash Tools...

This my upload to MEGA of this ROM.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

The ROM is Debloated, but I'm afraid the dev also erased the phone app icon, so or you use another launcher where the icon appears or you use another phone app from Play Store, for example.

I've replaced the superuser inside with the SuperSU from Play Store...with no problem at all.

It comes to my mind that this could be also helpful for other MT8752 tablet such as the Cube T9, in order to get root...THOSE OF YOU WHO REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORKS , PLEASE HAVE A LOOK!!!

I'm very pleased with this ROM, apart from the phone icon bug.

BYE.

Comment

Originally posted by flux1000 View Post
                  Thank you for cherring me up, giouncino. I'm doing my best at looking for a working root application, but, at the moment, It's fruitless..
                  I was able to root my T9 with this.
                  Download Vroot Android rooting software for Root any Android device in one click. Supports more than 8000 Android devices

No TWRP yet.
                  Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Comment

Originally posted by BamaPanda View Post
                    I was able to root my T9 with this.
                    Download Vroot Android rooting software for Root any Android device in one click. Supports more than 8000 Android devices

No TWRP yet.
                    Yes ,I read it a few days ago, then, I tried and failed ...This was my last shoot...and Bullseye!!!

Thank you BamaPanda.

Comment

Teclast probably used some more protections on boot.img wrt cube to avoid rooting...
                      in fact it seemed a lot more simple to root a T9

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                        Teclast probably used some more protections on boot.img wrt cube to avoid rooting...
                        in fact it seemed a lot more simple to root a T9
                        Yeah sure, so, you think the Teclast T98 bootloader must be locked? isn't it?

I know boot.img and bootloader aren't the same thing, but is contained in the boot.img file, isn't it?

Thank you giouncino, as always...

Comment

I suppose that the answer for all your question is yes!

I agree with you with the substitution of superuser with supersu. Good job!

Comment

I've been using Superuser instead of SuperSU on all of my MTK ROMs for one very important reason. People can't get write access to internal/external SD running SuperSU...but it works with Superuser. I never could get Titanium to work until I made the switch.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

I use superSU on my MTK tablet and everything is working without any issue, titanium backup included.

On supersu you simply need to modify the settings relevant to "namespace separation", that's all!

Comment

I did nothing to my SuperSU (I installed it as is) and Titanium Backup 6.1 is having access without any problem to my ext SD Card. All my backups are in the EXT SD CARD...the trick was to run SD FIX CARD first...without this I couldn't get it work.

Thanks both of you, you are wholehearted...!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X