CMX Mx box red led wont accept factory file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMX Mx box red led wont accept factory file

I got a cmx box which I bricked by loading OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX2.arm-4.97.1.zipwhen I meant to load MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip.Anyways I can load the MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip file by jumping the pins and holding reset it loads then reboots to red led.Ive got into recovery a few times I reset numerous times it doesn't help and now I cant load the original files it just errors out.If this box does load by fluke if I set up XBMC it works perfect but I I shut it off or reboot im right back to red led.Any idea what I can try??

Originally posted by piperider View Post
    I got a cmx box which I bricked by loading OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX2.arm-4.97.1.zipwhen I meant to load MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip.Anyways I can load the MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip file by jumping the pins and holding reset it loads then reboots to red led.Ive got into recovery a few times I reset numerous times it doesn't help and now I cant load the original files it just errors out.If this box does load by fluke if I set up XBMC it works perfect but I I shut it off or reboot im right back to red led.Any idea what I can try??
    What is the error you get when flashing the stock ROM?
    If it is a signature verification or an error about wrong date or device, then you need to use a older recovery.img on SDcard.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

im not sure I,ll check and let you know thanks.0605 is the original file so id say that's the oldest I know of either way I,ll check the error

Comment

ok I tried both the newest and oldest file and heres what I get

CMX AML8726-MX Box-174073-20140927.zip
        0605.zip
        Attached Files

Comment

I can load MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip without an issue but it still reboots t red led

Comment

OpenELEC-G18REF_MX2-4.2.1.zip will also install without a hitch

Comment

Give me a link to your stock ROM. The assertion script needs to be removed.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Give me a link to your stock ROM. The assertion script needs to be removed.

Bob
                This is the stock firmware for the following device: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CMX-AML8726-MX-Android-4-2-Dual-Core-Mini-TV-Box-HDMI-HDD-Player-1G-8G-Built-in-XBMC-1080P-RJ45-AV-Port-with-IR-Remote-Control—Black-330173.html Firmware Download LINK CLICK HERE just click ” 下载“ button to download file, sorry, i havne’t got time to upload to other place, please bear for the slow download link,but it be downloaded.   How to update the firmware? Before you begin you will need […]

Comment

or the newest firmware here

Hi, glad to share CMX TV box latest firmware, please check below information: Download link:  CMX TV box Latest Firmware Flash method: 1, UnZip the “CMX AML8726-MX Box-174073-20140927” file, and copy the files inside to a SD card’s root directory. 2, Connect CMX to a screen with HDMI cable, press the recover button and then power […]

Thanks a million ive been lost with this

Comment

You can try this and hopefully it will work from recovery. I removed any device ID check.

If it doesn't work you may have to make the special unbrick SDcard but you will need to find your uboot.bin somewhere. That's a pretty common board and unbricking has been posted here and other places. Someone probably has the uboot.bin you need.

Try this:

Put all the files in this ZIP on SDcard!

Bob

Comment

You can try this and hopefully it will work from recovery. I removed any device ID check.

If it doesn't work you may have to make the special unbrick SDcard but you will need to find your uboot.bin somewhere. That's a pretty common board and unbricking has been posted here and other places. Someone probably has the uboot.bin you need.

Try this:

Bob
                      thanks im gonna try right now I did try removing the line before but I think I may have done it wrong hopefully this works will post back

Comment

Originally posted by piperider View Post
                        thanks im gonna try right now I did try removing the line before but I think I may have done it wrong hopefully this works will post back
                        If you edit the ZIP you have to resign it or it wont work. I resigned it with test keys which the recovery.img should honor.

Bob

Comment

ok same issue reboots to red light also to get it to even load I have to put it with the special sd I made from MXCloneSD.imgc it loads then goes erasing then reboots to red led.This box worked perfectly before I loaded OpenELEC-Amlogic.MX2.arm-4.97.1.zip by accident

Comment

Try this:

Bob
                            Could you tell which tool you use to resign the firmware?

I currently use apk multi tool to sign MX2 box firmware and works fine

I don't seem to have any luck doing the same process on the CMX firmware.

this is the steps I do

extract zip
                            edit files
                            remove CERT.RSA, CERT.SF, and MANIFEST.MF files from META-INF folder
                            zip using z-zip
                            sign apk using apk multi tool.

then i try to flash, it fails at verifying update package, .then gives me installation aborted

Even if i just extract firmware, rezip without changing anything, then resign it will still get it still fails at verifying and i get installation aborted.

I would love any ideas as to why its not working.

thanks

Comment

Did you ever get this working? I'm after doing the exact same thing with a newer version of openelec.
                              Worse, I was doing it fr a friend of mine and I thought I'd put openelec on.
                              All I get is red light. Nothing else. Not a recovery menu.

Comment

Working...
                              X