X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I remove ex.HDD while standby - MX7 mini

Sorry for my english not well.

I'm confuse!
    After turn standby the MX7 mini, ex.HDD still run.

Can I remove it safely? Danger?....
    Please let me know.

Can it setting up for mount/unmount storage?

(i've read many msg post in this board - still confused)

thank you so much sir.

I would go into settings/storage and unmount the drive before disconnecting it. Your data will be safer that way.
    Hope this was helpful.
    -RISCy Dude

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      I would go into settings/storage and unmount the drive before disconnecting it. Your data will be safer that way.
      Hope this was helpful.
      -RISCy Dude
      Thank you,
      But there's no "setting/storage" in minix 7 mini,
      nothing show about usb connection.

Comment

Sorry, missed the X7 part. I don't know. Is there no advanced settings or additional settings in the Minix's settings? Is there a USB tab in the settings section(under the "storage" tab)? What about something in the status bar for unmounting the drive? Just a guess though. I hope you get someone with experience on the X7

BTW Geekbuying shows, "Step 4- Go to storage (in settings in android on the NEO X7) then in the right corner under USB connection check mass storage", in an article on rooting the X7.
        Came from here.
        Otherwise, it should be safe to shut the box off(not sleep/standby). Once off, remove power from the external drive and disconnect it from the X7.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
          Sorry, missed the X7 part. I don't know. Is there no advanced settings or additional settings in the Minix's settings? Is there a USB tab in the settings section(under the "storage" tab)? What about something in the status bar for unmounting the drive? Just a guess though. I hope you get someone with experience on the X7

BTW Geekbuying shows, "Step 4- Go to storage (in settings in android on the NEO X7) then in the right corner under USB connection check mass storage", in an article on rooting the X7.
          Came from here.
          Otherwise, it should be safe to shut the box off(not sleep/standby). Once off, remove power from the external drive and disconnect it from the X7.
          Thank you so much for advise.
          Therer's no setting tab as you said in Minix 7 mini,
          Just only mount/unmount tab for sd card only.
          I've tried to find in setting mode, nothing for usb storage....

MINIX 7 mini only shown SLEEP - REBOOT

MINIX 7 mini users have same problems - turn off / usb safely remove. T_T

Comment

So what's next?

Comment

It is always safest to dismount a drive before removing it... if your Rom doesn't have the function from settings... look for an app that can provide it. If you don't find an app that works for you... then the safest method is to shut down the system first or you risk corrupting data.... there is no next after that.

Comment

if no app with access to this ext. HDD is running you can safely removed this harddisk. Some Player-Apps for audio/videofiles running in the background and scanning for new files!

Robert Lemke | Cologne (Ger)

Comment

Thank you very much for all advise.

Before remove ex.HDD, I will close all background apps in multi task.

Anyway, MINIX dev.team should set up safely remove usb func. for users.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmon View Post

Anyway, MINIX dev.team should set up safely remove usb func. for users.
                    I agree. This is a basic function when using external storage. Seems like a no-brainer.

Comment

Working...
                    X