Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIPO M9 Pro - Stuck Rebooting/Crashing after 4.4.4

Hi all, my PIPO M9 Pro is stuck Stuck Rebooting/Crashing after 4.4.4

I assume its a Rom issue as its never done this before, are there any roms that will fix this, be it 4.4.4 or even 4.4.2 (if you can even downgrad) or is there another fix that can resolve it ?

thanks

I wasn't aware of a firmware available for the M9 Pro with 4.4.4. Is this an OMA ROM?

I do respect the work that OMA and his team have done with custom firmware, but I'm afraid I can't give you support for his work because I don't know the details. It's best to go through his channels.

We currently don't have a 4.4.4 ROM for the M9 Pro here on Freaktab...that I'm aware of.

I suggest flashing RileyROM v3.0.1 which is the most stable so far. You shouldn't have any problem switching back to a 4.4.2 ROM from 4.4.4. Both have the same partition structure. The bricking occurs when you flash from KitKat back to Jellybean without erasing IDB from the KitKat flash tool.

I would compare the bootloader.bin files between the 4.4.4 ROM and the 4.4.2...you need to check the boot loader if it's different.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I wasn't aware of a firmware available for the M9 Pro with 4.4.4. Is this an OMA ROM?

I do respect the work that OMA and his team have done with custom firmware, but I'm afraid I can't give you support for his work because I don't know the details. It's best to go through his channels.

We currently don't have a 4.4.4 ROM for the M9 Pro here on Freaktab...that I'm aware of.

I suggest flashing RileyROM v3.0.1 which is the most stable so far. You shouldn't have any problem switching back to a 4.4.2 ROM from 4.4.4. Both have the same partition structure. The bricking occurs when you flash from KitKat back to Jellybean without erasing IDB from the KitKat flash tool.

I would compare the bootloader.bin files between the 4.4.4 ROM and the 4.4.2...you need to check the boot loader if it's different.
      Sorry for the confusuion, it seems in my haste that I forgot I went back to RR 3.0.1 4.4.2

I have just tried the tablet again and its still doing the same , any ideas what is cauing it ?

Comment

Some users have reported frequent freezes and reboots on the M9 Pro.

Results vary between kernel 406 and 407...you can try flashing each one and see if one of them improves your situation.

Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Thanks, is there a way to flash the kernal alone, or is a full flashed needed?

Comment

With Flash Tool included in the RileyROM kit, all you do is uncheck all of the items except kernel.img and browse (the button to the right of kernel.img) to the kernel you wish to flash.

Connect via USB with USB Debugging turned off.

Reboot to flash

DO NOT ERASE IDB or you will need to flash the whole ROM.

Click flash.

The new kernel will be flashed and the tablet will reboot.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I followed your steps , It seems a lot faster and them boom it crashed

However now when I try and boot it it, it just goes into TWRP & isnt seen by the flashtool nor can I boot into Android.

Comment

I guess the only solution at this point is to flash the whole ROM again. Be sure to erase IDB.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Im stuck in recovery & the flash tool says "No found" no matter how many reboots I do it wont show up.

EDIT: I can get it to say "Device can not do switch, because it is not MSC device" in the Flash tool

Comment

Sorry for double post , in TWRP it says

"No OS Installed"

But I cant get it to book into ther batch tool, can the Rom be flashed from within TWRP like we flash Android Smartphones?

Comment

gotit back up, not sure how, wiped re flashed and kermal 406 installed now

still keeps crashing

Comment

Did you flash the entire ROM again? Or did you just add the kernel?

See if it crashes with a fresh ROM installation.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Working...
                        X