Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with flashing firmware - Download IDB Fail

Hello,

Recently my R28 Pro stopped working correctly and it would not display anything via the HDMI. After contacting Geekbuying i received an email from them telling me to flash the firmware to the device.
    I downloaded the firmware that they provided me with and using the BatchTool i attempted to flash the firmware.
    I connected the device to the PC via USB and pressed the reset button inside the A/V hole and plugged in the power cable. The device gets detected by the BatchTool but when i try to Upgrade the firwmare i receive a message stating that the IDB has failed. I attached a screenshot of the error.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this error? I also tried using the Factory Tool program and received the same exact error.
    Attached Files
    Tronsmart Draco Meta - Finless ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - KnoxRaid ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - xKat v3.2.1 ROM
    Tronsmart R28 Orion - Stock (not working)

Try rkandroidtool 2.3 (and maybe latest drivers (deinstall the older one before))...

but I think you will get the same error, so worst case you have to force the MASKMODE...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Try rkandroidtool 2.3 (and maybe latest drivers (deinstall the older one before))...

but I think you will get the same error, so worst case you have to force the MASKMODE...
      Cool thanks. I'll try it when i get back home from work.
      What does forcing the Maskmode mean?

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
        :
        If you cant update by the above instructions,look at the following:

Open the Box,and use some metal to connect two holes,like this:

Plug in the PSU and OTG cable,then in the tool:
        it's like a hw-reset of the device (eMMC/NAND), and after you are at the MASKROM mode you have to flash it at the known way....
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

it's like a hw-reset of the device (eMMC/NAND), and after you are at the MASKROM mode you have to flash it at the known way....
          Got ya. I would probably do it but that will void the warranty if i open the box correct?
          I got this from GeekBuying.com and they give 1 year warranty. I'm not even 100% sure if reflashing the rom will fix the issue that i have. I told GeekBuying rep that i booted my device one day and there was no picture on the TV. I assumed that the HDMI port fried or something got messed up hardware wise, they instructed me to fix flash the firmware. If the hardware reset thing will fix that then i would go ahead and do it because i really dont want to send this box all the way to China and then wait weeks for it to get fixed..

Is the board on the Beelink R89 the same as on the Orion R28? The layout of those two holes would be the same?

Comment

Ok so after trying to flash it many times more , i eventually got mad and opened the box up. I put a wire in the two holes and try to flash it again. I get the same message as before that the Mask device was found and still get the same fail message as before.

I can read the info of the device and reset it using the software that you recommended. Another thing that i tried was that i installed linux on a bootable SD card from another post just to see if it shows anything on the screen since i can't even see the boot recover menu, and to my surprise it did.

It boots into Ubuntu. I tried to use the same method to load the stock image onto the SD but it wouldn't boot. Im guessing the linux image was made to boot from the card vs the stock image from rom? I really dont want to use linux on it as i want to use it as an Android device. I've used linux distros in the past but it was on a PC , i want to use Android interface cause its easier with a remote and air mouse, plus i like the apps that i use on there (TV box and also my phone and tablet).

I've recently moved out and live on my own so having my TV box with XBMC and Netflix on my TV is my only goto since i hate cable tv. Currently i have my laptop hooked up to my TV but its not the same Any help would be greatly appreciated if anything springs into your mind.

Comment

You are at the latest drivers at PC? (worst case use the assistant to first deinstall them and install them or http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?16490-Beelink-R89-UBOX-ROM-Tools-release&p=237899&viewfull=1#post237899)?

I don't know if it will helps, but try to flash my dump

if you are at maskmode with the 2.3 (at/of my package) then at the first tab [Download Image] :
              - First you should try [Run], if you also get the same error
              - try [LowerFormat] and then [Run]...
              (BTW: maybe it works also without maskmode????)
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

You are at the latest drivers at PC? (worst case use the assistant to first deinstall them and install them or http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?16490-Beelink-R89-UBOX-ROM-Tools-release&p=237899&viewfull=1#post237899)?

I don't know if it will helps, but try to flash my dump

if you are at maskmode with the 2.3 (at/of my package) then at the first tab [Download Image] :
                - First you should try [Run], if you also get the same error
                - try [LowerFormat] and then [Run]...
                (BTW: maybe it works also without maskmode????)
                Thanks for the info.
                I do have the latest drivers installed. I tried to flash your dump and this is what i get, same thing as before...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	435830

Comment

But you only tried
                  "First you should try [Run], if you also get the same error"
                  and not
                  "try [LowerFormat] and then [Run]"
                  ?

Sorry, if the second way also doesn't work, I have no more idea...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Another idea:
                    Try to find something like Windows XP PE (there also exist iso's with e.g. w7 32bit), place the iso to an USB-Stick (e.g. http://www.isotousb.com/), boot the system from the USB-Stick, install the drivers and v2.3 and look what will happen...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

But you only tried
                      "First you should try [Run], if you also get the same error"
                      and not
                      "try [LowerFormat] and then [Run]"
                      ?

Sorry, if the second way also doesn't work, I have no more idea...
                      Both ways didn't work, i kept getting the same message.

Iwill try to find my windows xp disk somewhere and load it into the virtual machine. I wonder if that would work

Comment

Originally posted by s3ntrax View Post
                        Both ways didn't work, i kept getting the same message.

Iwill try to find my windows xp disk somewhere and load it into the virtual machine. I wonder if that would work

hmmmm, virtual machine isn't the same as natvi booted, because the virtual machine uses the USB-drivers of/from the HOST os (and at virtual box maybe the tools not able to work at USB)...

Was you ever able to flash your device at the past? I ask because maybe something's wrong with the cable (but I don't think so, but who knows...)????
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

hmmmm, virtual machine isn't the same as natvi booted, because the virtual machine uses the USB-drivers of/from the HOST os (and at virtual box maybe the tools not able to work at USB)...

Was you ever able to flash your device at the past? I ask because maybe something's wrong with the cable (but I don't think so, but who knows...)????
                          Yup, you’re right, I loaded windows xp on virtual machine and it wouldn’t detect the device. The host kept recognizing it but not the guest.
                          Nope, I’ve never hard to flash it before. It originally came with the latest firmware. The first thing I tried was a bunch of different USB cables, no dice. I also tried 2 different PCs.

I think there might be something wrong with the device itself. I finally was able to create a bootable Android SD card however it gets stuck on the tronsmart logo when I tried loading 110k4 , 109k4 and 108k4 firmwares. It either gets stuck on the logo and doesn’t do anything, or the logo appears for few seconds and then it goes to a black screen.
                          I did have luck loading Wasser’s firmare onto the bootable SD card and boot into it, however it is not stable at all. It keeps crashing, freezing, stuttering and its painfully slow to the point of un-usability. It also randomly reboots itself. I tried 2 different SD cards of different classes and sizes and I ended up with the same result. I’ve been at it yesterday for over 12 hours straight LOL

Comment

Originally posted by s3ntrax View Post
                            Yup, you’re right, I loaded windows xp on virtual machine and it wouldn’t detect the device. The host kept recognizing it but not the guest.
                            Nope, I’ve never hard to flash it before. It originally came with the latest firmware. The first thing I tried was a bunch of different USB cables, no dice. I also tried 2 different PCs.

I think there might be something wrong with the device itself. I finally was able to create a bootable Android SD card however it gets stuck on the tronsmart logo when I tried loading 110k4 , 109k4 and 108k4 firmwares. It either gets stuck on the logo and doesn’t do anything, or the logo appears for few seconds and then it goes to a black screen.
                            I did have luck loading Wasser’s firmare onto the bootable SD card and boot into it, however it is not stable at all. It keeps crashing, freezing, stuttering and its painfully slow to the point of un-usability. It also randomly reboots itself. I tried 2 different SD cards of different classes and sizes and I ended up with the same result. I’ve been at it yesterday for over 12 hours straight LOL
                            you should have posted on the other thread mate. I had these problems in mint and manahed to fix the script but ill skip the technical and go to the soloution.

open a terminal
                            type this

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount-open false
                            gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount false

reboot to loose any mounts you had.

this stops your usb auto mount and the script getting confused by the system mount on the usb and loopback again dont worry about the detais when you plug your usb in it just wont appear to do anything. Just do a dmesg to get your device name.

open a terminal

make sure your super user

sudo su

then run the scripts all will be good

ok for mint and ubuntu do this open the terminal

to get the usb mounting again after your done

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount-open true
                            gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount true
                            Last edited by grant2258; 01-06-2015, 20:47.

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
                              you should have posted on the other thread mate. I had these problems in mint and manahed to fix the script but ill skip the technical and go to the soloution.

open a terminal
                              type this

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount-open false
                              gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount false

reboot to loose any mounts you had.

this stops your usb auto mount and the script getting confused by the system mount on the usb and loopback again dont worry about the detais when you plug your usb in it just wont appear to do anything. Just do a dmesg to get your device name.

open a terminal

make sure your super user

sudo su

then run the scripts all will be good

ok for mint and ubuntu do this open the terminal

to get the usb mounting again after your done

gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount-open true
                              gsettings set org.cinnamon.desktop.media-handling automount true

oh sorry that i posted here. Thanks for the info. What does this actually fix? I was able to flash the firmware fine before it was just the tronsmart that would either freeze on the bootup logo or the wasser firmware was painfully slow and crashing.

Comment

Working...
                              X