Cube Talk 8 U27GT RileyROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cube Talk 8 U27GT RileyROM 1.0

At the request of Freaktab member Dcaman, I've put together a ROM for the Talk 8.

This ROM is based on official Cube firmware v1.2 dated 7/25/14.

I don't have one of these tablets to test...so beginners please let someone with experience do some testing and report the results before flashing this ROM.

This ROM is:

Rooted with Koush Superuser
    Debloated of unnecessary apps
    Init.d support added
    Busybox support added
    1-12gb user app space by selecting the matching pair of EBR1 and EBR2 files for the size you want
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Google Play Store fixes
    English default

I could not make a CWM Recovery, but I've added a text file inside the ROM kit with a link to one that is reported to work.

Just follow the instructions in the First Time User's Guide PDF file in the root folder of the ROM kit.

Download

PLEASE READ POST #4 on this thread for information about backing up your IMEI and NVRAM data:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...g-a-Custom-ROM
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Well,
    I'm doing something wrong. I can't let Flashtool start the download to the tablet.
    I tried Win8 on a laptop and Win7 onmac through VmWare.
    I tried Pdanet. No way. Windows make its 'bing' when I connect the tablet off, but flashtool didn't start the flash.

what may have I done wrong ?

Regards
    DcaMan

Comment

I was able to start flashing MTK firmware on my Windows 8.0 (not 8.1) by using the PDAnet app to set up all of the drivers. I'm not sure why it isn't working on yours.

Make sure you aren't using a USB 3.0 port...and try a different USB cable (preferably the one that came with the tablet).
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Well, i tried again today.
        Things are even going worse. When plugin the tablet to the computer, i can hear the 'bing'. Nothing else happen.
        But when i unplug the tablet, I can't no more switch it on.
        I think the tablet is bricked....

DcaMan

Comment

Dears,

Good news. i had unassemble the tablet and pull off the battery.
          Then on a clean Win7 laptop, i ve been able to flash the rom and great all is done now.

Rom seem Ok, I let the original EBR and by the moment, won't trick too much more.

Once again,
          great thanks to you Riley, for your time and support.
          Best regards
          DcaMan

Comment

I'm glad you got it going. Keep us posted on your experience with the ROM.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Working...
            X