no love for the MXQ s85?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no love for the MXQ s85?

Its weird to me that mk808b plus is getting all the attention although it is compact cheap and works well I have been purchasing mxq for my family for almost the same price (mk808bplus +airmouse). I find the mxq to be a better bang for your buck. Mxq includes all the same hardware that the B+ has but also includes optical audio, av out, 2x full size usb and a power button and looks a lot more expensive and it comes with a remote (although a crappy one) it is the full package. I have been buying then for $45 you can't beat that. Even on sale the b+ is $30 + decent airmouse $15 your paying the same price but getting a lot less hardware. Just my 2 cents. Rant over thank you.

P.s. the B+ firmwares work great on the mxq s85. Thanks finless bob and eric from geekbuying.
    Last edited by assmunche; 01-03-2015, 22:19.

Originally posted by assmunche View Post
    ItsIts weird to me that mk808b plus is getting all the attention although it is compact cheap and works well I have been purchasing mxq for my family for almost the same price (mk808bplus +airmouse). I find the mxq to be a better bang for your buck. Mxq includes all the same hardware that the B+ has but also includes optical audio, av out, 2x full size usb and a power button and looks a lot more expensive and it comes with a remote (although a crappy one) it is the full package. I have been buying then for $45 you can't beat that. Even on sale the b+ is $30 + decent airmouse $15 your paying the same price but getting a lot less hardware. Just my 2 cents. Rant over thank you.

P.s. the B+ firmwares work great on the mxq s85. Thanks finless bob and eric from geekbuying.
    Hi.
    Wifi and Ethernet works with MK808b+ firmware on MXQ S85 ???

Comment

to be honest

That's the only thing I have not tried yet. WiFi works great but I haven't tried a LAN connection. Ill try asap.

Comment

That's the only thing I have not tried yet. WiFi works great but I haven't tried a LAN connection. Ill try asap.
        Ok, thanks

Comment

you took the model with or without bluetooth.
          in gearbest .com
          Bluetooth (http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_94470.html)
          Coupon code: MXQBCN
          Discount price: $ 47.99
          where is the rom finless
          thank you

Comment

Its weird to me that mk808b plus is getting all the attention although it is compact cheap and works well I have been purchasing mxq for my family for almost the same price (mk808bplus +airmouse). I find the mxq to be a better bang for your buck. Mxq includes all the same hardware that the B+ has but also includes optical audio, av out, 2x full size usb and a power button and looks a lot more expensive and it comes with a remote (although a crappy one) it is the full package. I have been buying then for $45 you can't beat that. Even on sale the b+ is $30 + decent airmouse $15 your paying the same price but getting a lot less hardware. Just my 2 cents. Rant over thank you.

The thing is the 808+ will overtime yield the most custom ROMs and as others have mentioned Ethernet is working and also the price.

If Stane1983 ever supports MXQ then I'd wish I bought one instead of 808+, he doesn't have much luck with dongles so no amlinux for 808+ sadly

Regards ISO

Comment

I wish there were a custom ROM. I've sold a few to customers there were pretty happy. I updated them to 107 IIRC and just root-removed all the junk programs.

They ship with junk power supplies though, every single one I've sold has failed.
              Tronsmart s89 | MK808B Plus | MXQ S805

Comment

What firmware is that?

Comment

Whichever the latest official firmware was, someone had provided a link here. I'm on my phone so I'm not able to check it now, I'll edit my post later if I can find it.
                  Tronsmart s89 | MK808B Plus | MXQ S805

Comment

That's interesting because they use a different SoC. The MXQ uses the S805 and the MK808B+ uses the M805.

Comment

I don't have an mk808b+ but I am pretty sure they both use s805. To be honest I've never even heard of m805 but that's just me in guess.

Comment

latest stock firmware

The latest stock firmware for MXQ box 109k4

Cheers,
                        Vec

Comment

SorrySorry you are right b+ does use an m805. I guess there must be very slight differences. Maybe clock speeds?

WOW thanks veclinux!

Comment

I had the MXQ, great little box, Bought it because Codesnake was bringing out version of OpenELEC for it. Has since bricked the box so not sure where that is....

There was a guy on that thread said he had a version of linux/openelec running on it.....my mate has since took the box so I havent been able to try

Comment

Working...
                            X