Beeline r89 wireless sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beeline r89 wireless sucks.

2.4g coverage shows full bar but speed sucks and sometimes even if it show full bar it does not connect to the Internet.

5g coverage totally sucks never getting more than 2 bars and randomly drops. Speed is gd when connected.

Using finless 1.2.

Not router wireless setting go as all other devices receive excellent coverage and speed.

I'm not even going to talk about the micro stutters. Just wish someone can tell me how to get wireless stable.

Is wired having any issues? I can't test it now because I don't have a spare ethernet wire.

Here are some possible solutions that solved similar issues for me:

1) If XBMC is giving you problems... Try SPMC.. You can install it and try it... It won't affect your current XBMC. This replaced my XBMC. You can have both at the same time.

2) Change the channel on your router. I was able to do this on my TPLink router and wifi signal drastically improved. Google how to do it and n yours.

3) Wired connection will always beat wifi.. I ended up buying a long cat6 cable and am very pleased.

4) I've never done it but someone mentioned getting a USB ethernet adapter and solving their microstutter issues completely.

What ended up working for me was a wired ethernet connection + SPMC and an advanced settings file for my XBMC/SPMC.

Hope this helps.

Edit: And i would advise you to download a wifi analyzer that has a meter on it so you can more accurately see the effects. You could also try moving your box or router and double checking the meter to see what position is best.

Comment

Try setting your wireless router to a different channel. I don't have my R89 yet, but my computers and phones have rotten wireless performance on most channels. It's probably due to the fact that there are so many WiFi routers in this apartment complex. Switching to a different channel made a huge difference. I had to experiment to find one that worked best.

Comment

For wifi speed,we plan to increase the wifi sdio clock...But there are still other factors to influence the speed,just like o0adam0o and spying said.
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Last but not least, if you use a wireless mouse/keyboard via 2.4GHz RF dongle there could be interferences with 2.4GHz WiFI, so you have to use an USB-extension-cord or HUB to place the dongle as far as possible away from the box....
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

mount issue

sorry, i write in wrong place
            Last edited by lingam; 01-28-2015, 09:44.

Comment

I concur. My thrill over my new Beelink R89 was short lived. Download speed is 5mbps in the same location I get 20mbps on my phone. I assume this is the cause of the never-ending "script error" on XMBC, SPMC and Kodi for me.

I'll try different channels, etc.

EDIT: I lied (actually I recalled incorrectly). My phone only gets about 7mbps in the same spot. I guess I'll have to head over to the Kodi forums to see why Kodi keeps giving me script errors. It also reboots the box occasionally.
              Last edited by The Rogue Tomato; 01-29-2015, 05:13.

Comment

Working...
              X