Teclast P90HD RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teclast P90HD RileyROM 1.1

Here's a newer ROM for the Teclast P90HD based on official Teclast firmware v1.26 dated 9/24/14...yeah, I know...it's still pretty old, but newer than the firmware I made v1.0 with (which was v1.24).

This ROM is:

Rooted with Koush Superuser
    Debloated of Chinese apps
    init.d support added
    busybox support added
    Google Play Store fixes added
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12gb user app space by selecting the desired parameter file (6gb default)
    Expanded system.img to use the whole 1gb partition
    Multi user support added (no need to run Xposed Framework for that anymore)
    Reboot App by Petrus

Still no working CWM or TWRP Recovery for this tablet that I know of. If you have one, please share a link to it.

Read the First Time User's Guide for flashing instructions. Here's a brief overview:

1. Download the ROM Kit.
    2. Unzip the kit on your desktop, or wherever you downloaded it.
    3. Open the AndroidTool.exe
    4. With your tablet turned on, with USB debugging turned off (in settings), plug in the USB cable. Be sure to always use the USB cable that came with the tablet.
    5. Make sure the USB drivers are installed for the Rockchip device. (see the First Time User's Guide for details, if you are having trouble)
    6. You should see the tablet recognized by "Found One MSC Device" in the bottom of the tool.
    7. Click the "Switch" button to reboot the tablet to flash mode. The screen will turn black.
    8. Click "LowerFormat". It will count to 100% (very quickly).
    9. Click "Run".
    10. When the flash is finished, the tablet will boot into stock recovery and will format your partitions.
    11. First boot will take a little longer than usual...just be patient and watch the boot animation.
    12. Once the tablet boots to the system...you will have a fresh, rooted system to work with.

Download

Enjoy!!!!

Please.....Don't forget to donate....this helps me continue further ROM development.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Hello Riley

Flashing the ROM 1.1 and working great.

Benchmarks runs fine.

thanks a lot

Comment

I don't know what was changed in this firmware update. I'm glad it's working fine for you!!!!!!
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

The firmware update:
        1, optimizing GPU, optimize the screen display
        2, optimization tUI, improve boot speed, 10 seconds hard start

Comment

Dear sirs:

why the google map can not locate with wifi ,please help

Comment

My teclast P90HD doesn't turn on

I have just received a Teclast P90HD from Banggood.

It seemed that everything was allright, but when I tried to turn on the tablet it didn't turn on.
            I left the tablet charging during all the night, but when I tried to turn it on during the moorning the tablet didn't turn on.

I used the charger in other of my tablets and it works so it is not a problem of the charger and it seems it is a problem on the tablet itself.

When I connect the Teclast P90HD tablet to my PC it seems to recognize in some way the tablet and install the requiered drivers since two new disc drives appear but I got no acces to then.

I have recorded two videos:

1) It shows how the Teclast P90HD tablet it is not charged and it doesn't turn on with the charger conected to the usb port, but when I connect it to my ASUS tablet it works
            2) It shows that when I connect the Teclast P90HD tablet to my PC it seams to recognize in some way the tablet

I have tried to upload them but it says invalid files (they are in mp4 format)

One year ago I had a similar problm with an Ainol Novo Tablet and I was able to unbrick it loading a new ROM.
            I would be very grateful since it was a present for my children.

Please could any one help me

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,
              I am unable to download the file. Someone would have another link?
              thank you

Comment

We've been having FTP server problems the last two days. Try again later.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Hi Riley

A little question... Why doesn't give the option for unified storage? Something like 13gb in one hole partition? The 12 GB option its nice but always cut the storage in two.

Sent from my p90hd using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately, that's the way Rockchip structures their partitions. The userdata partition and the user partition are separate.

I provide many choices for the user to pick from in userdata size. For me, I only use the 6gb partition because internal SD space is more important than extra app space.

Some...but not all MTK devices have a unified user/userdata partition, which is really nice. I just don't know that it can be done on Rockchip architecture.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Thanks for your works ! Run fine with your custom rom. Just the rear camera for me which seems to be not usable or maybe i have something to do to enable it ?

Comment

Yeah, I've heard of the camera problem...but I think it's a kernel/firmware issue on Teclast's side.

If anyone notices a firmware update, let me know and I can make a new ROM.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

RileyROM v1.2 is now available here:

Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Working...
                          X