Amlogic MK808B Plus Any Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amlogic MK808B Plus Any Interest

Any interest in a rom where the external sd is used as all the storage? I think i can do it....Bobs rom looks good. It is the only think that i can think of to differentiate and make one.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    Any interest in a rom where the external sd is used as all the storage? I think i can do it....Bobs rom looks good. It is the only think that i can think of to differentiate and make one.
    Good idea prahjister,I do this on all my rockchip dvices,with rk3066 I edit the fstab file in system & on rk3288 it still can be done but you have to take apart the boot image to edit it..
    I haven't looked into it on amlogic but i am interested what & where you are editing
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Oh yes, excellent idea !
      I've bought a speed SD card (like 90 mo/s write/read) 32 Go but I can do nothing with it.
      How actuality to install or move my Apps (important apps like Games, PCT and XBMC) to the SD card without trouble ?

Comment

Maybe a week or two

Im working on a commercial custom rom right now learning amlogic as i go so it is kinda slow. Working on the final touches now. Boot logos etc. Just about done. I have to do a quick rockchip one i committed to. Should take just one evening. then i will do this. I only get a couple hours a night to work on these after the kids go to sleep.....After done with this i will go silent for a while on free projects. Ill stay active in the forums. I am gonna start selling these mk808b pluses preloaded locally see if all this time i spent over the last couple years can be profitable$$$$$.
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Im working on a commercial custom rom right now learning amlogic as i go so it is kinda slow. Working on the final touches now. Boot logos etc. Just about done. I have to do a quick rockchip one i committed to. Should take just one evening. then i will do this. I only get a couple hours a night to work on these after the kids go to sleep.....After done with this i will go silent for a while on free projects. Ill stay active in the forums. I am gonna start selling these mk808b pluses preloaded locally see if all this time i spent over the last couple years can be profitable$$$$$.

Don't give it a second thought, your work is still work and until we all live in some zeitgeist utopia then sorry to say, we all need money, so go for it, your time and work has a value, we went through a similar pain barrier in some of the decisions we made. Keep up the great work and don't give yourself a hard time over it, some people understand and some never will, stop worrying about the ones who never will.
          Team UX
          http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

boot

It just booted but painfully slow. Hopefully it is just because I am using a slow SD card...but it is a class 10. My little guy just woke up so I didn't even get to check anything...probably put an image up tomorrow so someone else can test...bummer part is I had to boot into Linux to format my sdcard ext4. Might be able to format with an android app or through terminal on android before flashing.

Comment

It's not so easy with this cards and performance, because the Class only talk about the Sequential Read/Write and this isn't sooo important at performance at "real live" (also sometimes Random Read/Write with 'bigger' blocks (e.g. 512KB))...
              More important at performance are the Random Read/Write with smaller blocks (e.g. 4KB)...
              So it can be that a Class 4 is faster at "real live" than a Class 10...
              The best is a good mix at both, bigger and smaller blocks...
              Actually I found this card http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post269873

EDIT
              At Linux iozone helps to determine the quality of the SD
              Code:
              ./iozone -e -I -a -s 50M -r 4k -r 512k -r 16M -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 -f  /where/you/want/to/test/iozone.dat
              Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 01-13-2015, 09:28.
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

You have to format your sd card ext4 and use latest burning tool. I did make a mistake the first one i tried was a class 4. When i changed over to a class 10....performance improved greatly. Its just about on par wit internal nand. I think it can be improved more. I think i have 512 blocks and i think the best is 4k blocks.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-12-22-33-20.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	435953. This is a 16gig and i get 13 usable gig

Ohh yea. Recovery doesnt know the location of data...just an fyi....i did a last minute change and took twrp out. Minimal testing has been done. Removed junk apps and got init.d working. Please help me test so i can release.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  It's not so easy with this cards and performance, because the Class only talk about the Sequential Read/Write and this isn't sooo important at performance at "real live" (also sometimes Random Read/Write with 'bigger' blocks (e.g. 512KB))...
                  More important at performance are the Random Read/Write with smaller blocks (e.g. 4KB)...
                  So it can be that a Class 4 is faster at "real live" than a Class 10...
                  The best is a good mix at both, bigger and smaller blocks...
                  Actually I found this card http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post269873

EDIT
                  At Linux iozone helps to determine the quality of the SD
                  Code:
                  ./iozone -e -I -a -s 50M -r 4k -r 512k -r 16M -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 -f  /where/you/want/to/test/iozone.dat
                  Can you give some experience with formatting and the commands to do so?

Comment

Sorry, normally I'm only at FAT32 and testing the cards at Windows
                    I had it done with ext3 and iozone at the past for some test's at a SAT receiver (enigma2-Linux)... but long tine ago and I cancelled the project to use a 'fast' SD at a USB-reader for swap and temp (back at an old 2.5" HDD at ext3)...

BTW: what do you mean if you wrote "format your sd card ext4 and use latest burning tool", because I looked at the archive and only found an IMG?
                    I ask, because I try to understand, because if you use e.g. Win32DiskImager there is no need to format the SD and I don't understand how you would use 'USB burning tool' to get the IMG at the SD....?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      Sorry, normally I'm only at FAT32 and testing the cards at Windows
                      I had it done with ext3 and iozone at the past for some test's at a SAT receiver (enigma2-Linux)... but long tine ago and I cancelled the project to use a 'fast' SD at a USB-reader for swap and temp (back at an old 2.5" HDD at ext3)...

BTW: what do you mean if you wrote "format your sd card ext4 and use latest burning tool", because I looked at the archive and only found an IMG?
                      I ask, because I try to understand, because if you use e.g. Win32DiskImager there is no need to format the SD and I don't understand how you would use 'USB burning tool' to get the IMG at the SD....?
                      I only moved the reference for the data partition over. The system is still on the internal nand.

You need to format you sd card ext4 in linux or some windows alternative. Also This is an amlogic img to be burned with the latest Amlogic burning tool.

Its actually kind of neat. I did a small upgrade to the system and i didnt loose any of my data.

Thank you for your interest. It is not booting from external sd but that is probably doable.

Comment

Ahhhh, OK, now I understand

Here they discuss a lot of cards (and also using iozone)

At XDA also exists a big thread
                        Lots of threads and lots of info. This is purely my review ( based on the info i got from many places) on the topic. How to test your memory card - see post 2 Hope this helps somebody I will be updating the thread as more info comes in from...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Download

I see a couple people downloaded....can you give some feedback?

Comment

I see a couple people downloaded....can you give some feedback?
                            Hi prahjister,Nice work with this, I have one on the way so once it arrives I will gladly help in the testing.
                            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I only moved the reference for the data partition over. The system is still on the internal nand.

Thank you for your interest. It is not booting from external sd but that is probably doable.
                              I am still confused. As I undersand it, the internal android thing they call an sd card is an emulation of an sdcard in Nand.

I am desparately looking for a way to actually get my mk808b plus to boot from an External sd card.

Do you know if the stock ROM boot loader supports that?

TJ

Comment

Working...
                              X