Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help! - Draco AW80 Telos: Touch Events not ending & "click" noise when UI items is pressed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help! - Draco AW80 Telos: Touch Events not ending & "click" noise when UI items is pressed.

Hey Guys -

I ABSOLUTELY love this box and want to use it for a project. I'm having an extremely weird problem that I just can't seem to figure out.

FYI: I've tried the default ROM and also Bob's latest custom ROM "Finless 1.1"

Two issues:

1) I'm trying to use it with a multitouch screen and I've successfully gotten multitouch and drivers to work - but everytime I use it to select menus or items on the screen a "TOUCH END EVENT" is not being sent to the box. I thought it might be something specific within the Rom - but seems to be the same between the two roms. The problem is not the touch screen as I've been able to get it to function with other devices as well as within linux and windows.

I can't seem to find a function in the settings or in Android to disable this behavior. It's as if you were to CLICK on something, and then it continues to be held down until you click again. I wish I could figure out how to disable it. Obviously, the intended behavior should be for the input to not be held down after you've released your finger from the touch screen.

Perhaps it's something specific in the ROM because of the design to work with remote control or mouse? Is there anyway for me to turn it off? Any ideas? It doesn't do this with the mouse and multitouch is clearly working as intended (outside of this issue)

2) The click noise that happens whenever you use the UI. I've tried to disable the keyboard sounds, but the sound continues as I click with the mouse or the touch screen. Is there anyway to disable this?It's really annoying!

Please, if someone can help me with any of this I'd really appreciate it!

2) No, I also miss it...
    => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post256867

1) sorry, no idea....
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I don't seem to have : Settings -> [DEVICE] -> Sound => Touch Sounds on my device at all. I assume you are talking about the regular settings menu with the stock rom? I'm looked everywhere and there is no setting called "TOUCH SOUNDS" :-(

Perhaps the setting is found somewhere else? Thanks for the reply!

Comment

no, no, as I wrote, I also miss it (and hope they will implement it at the next release (I also tried some build.prop settings but without any result))...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Oh I see. Sorry! :-) Yeah, I hope so as well. I'm also really trying to figure out why the multtouch input would be acting differently with this device versus other android devices. It has been frustrating.

Comment

hmmm, I think one of the main problems is, that they all port the rom's 1:1 from tablets (and of cause < 5.0 (LP) isn't designed for TV boxes)....
            It seems RockChip learned a little bit at the past, but others too?
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Indeed. I sent a tech support email to Tronsmart and they have confirmed that the TV boxes have been designed for a TV environment and the kernel does not include support for multitouch. This is the problem.

I wonder if there is a way to flash a ROM that is supported on tablet to the Draco AW80? Perhaps the multitouch would work then. Does anyone have any experience with this? Are there any tablet devices that use the same processor and componoents as the Draco?

Comment

Working...
              X