Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchscreen setup on MK908II - HIDRAW module

Hi all,

I'm at a standstill on my current project. I am trying setup the drivers for an eGalax touchscreen on my Tronsmart MK908II running Finless 1.5 (1.6 would not turn on the wifi unfortunately). I have tracked down the drivers for android from the company and have only one obstacle left.

HIDRAW needs to be enabled. According to the installation guide, this is the only thing left that is not setup. So my questions, after many many hours of trying to find out on my own:

1) Is HIDRAW module enabled in Finless 1.5? (I suspect not because the device isn't showing up in /proc/bus/input/devices [information from manufacturer's guide])

2) If not could someone point me in the right direction to enable it?
    - background, not familiar with altering kernels, but willing to plod along until I get it sorted, if possible

Cheers,

Craig

ps. if I get it all working I will post how I did it, I found several people who tried to get this touchscreen working unsuccessfully

Not sure what kind of touchscreen you are dealing with. I thought HiDraw is a Bluetooth thing.

Your kernel need to support the USB touchscreen. I have mine (HT231 touchscreen + MK809III) working. See http://GiantTablet.blogspot.com or my other posts.

Comment

The touch screen is this one.

7" inch LCD Monitor fully compatible with Raspberry Pi all models. Comes with Driver board which supports HDMI, VGA, 2AV interface. Buy now with favorable price

The touchscreen is made by eGalax and are found here. Following the pdf manual. I skipped the kernel modification steps to see if it works without. It does not. The main thing I took away is that HIDRAW is not enabled (it explains why on the last page).

There was some progress. The usb device has always been recognized on dmesg, but not by anything else. Once I did the steps outline (idc, etc), it was then recognized by my USB host contoller app (which it wasn't before). It says it can be done with the config.gz file, unfortunately I don't believe there is one for this ROM.

Open to ideas of where to go next?

Comment

Working...
      X