Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTG External Hard Drive on Cube Talk 9X

Hello Friends,
    Just wondering if we could connect external/portable hard drive (say 500GB/1 TB) on our Cube Talk 9X.
    Yesterday I tried to connect my 500GB portable hard drive but it did not recognised.

Could any one please help me if you know the process?

Originally posted by rksthakur View Post
    Hello Friends,
    Just wondering if we could connect external/portable hard drive (say 500GB/1 TB) on our Cube Talk 9X.
    Yesterday I tried to connect my 500GB portable hard drive but it did not recognised.

Could any one please help me if you know the process?
    1) You can connect without problems usb flash drives formatted with fat32 filesystem.

2) Vanilla android does not recognize (for otg storage) other filesystem than fat32. So your otg drive should be formatted with fat32. Other option is to root and install apps that can mount ntfs otg storage

3) 2.5" portable HDDs require power from the usb port that I think the tablet can't provide

4) You should have no problem connecting an external 3.5" HDD, because they are powered from the wall mount socket.

Comment

1 - not true: NTFS can be used with ES file explorer

2 - similar to 1

3 - Right, our tablet cannot provide sufficient power to drive portable HDD

4 - right
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

i'm surprising because on asus me102a i was able to connect my 2,5" passport drive 500go without problem.
        But on talk 9x tablet loop on trying to mount partition without success

Comment

this is normal, tablets are not a battery pack!
          Only few tablets can provide power to external HDD.
          In my opinion is not a big problem...
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

ok but how can i do to access from 2.5" NTFS 500go drive to see movies or tv show?

Comment

More Power

Originally posted by locutus32 View Post
              ok but how can i do to access from 2.5" NTFS 500go drive to see movies or tv show?
              You can connect your external hard drive to Talk 9X if you get more power somewhere. Talk 9X doens't give enought power for hard drive like giouncino said. Maybe you can use some power usb hub or something like that.

Comment

Take an usb y-cable, some ext hdd come with it, connect cube and ext power pack

Comment

Thank you for this idea of y cable

Comment

Working...
                  X