Very weird remote problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very weird remote problem

Somehow, my sound bar remote has been paired to my Neo X8-H plus. If I try to turn the volume down on my soundbar using the remote, it will put my X8 to sleep and requires the power button to be pushed. The volume up button was also controlling the fast forward function in Kodi 14. This is all happening while its controlling the volume on my sound bar.

I am running the Finless ROM with no other tweaks or changes made. Before this started happening I had tried to pair a PS3 controller and gave up after it didn't work how I wanted it to. Then I noticed this problem so I tried whatever I could and then reinstalled the ROM. It still has the same problem.

How do I unsync this remote from my box? Its very annoying!

Well since I can't delete this thread I will update it and say that it IS related to the Finless ROM I have installed. I flashed the stock ROM back on and it worked perfect. Pushed the buttons probably 50 times or more and no shut down. Flashed back to Finless 1.1 and the first 2 times I pushed the buttons it powered down.

Comment

I honestly have no clue what the problem is. I did not modify any of the files related to the remote. I did change some permission files so I would have to see if maybe something there.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        I honestly have no clue what the problem is. I did not modify any of the files related to the remote. I did change some permission files so I would have to see if maybe something there.

Bob
        I would never have guessed it was the ROM causing it until I loaded that stock one back on and now it doesn't have the issue.

Is there a way to disable the IR remote input? I only use a Logitech K400r keyboard so I have no use for IR stuff..

Comment

Some black electrical insulation tape should do it in an unobtrusive way.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
            Were you able to look and see if there might have been some changes to the permission files? I know you've got to be a pretty busy guy so I understand you might not have.

Originally posted by jimbobvfr View Post
            Some black electrical insulation tape should do it in an unobtrusive way.
            I think I will do this if Finless can't come up with anything on the programming side of things. Will just any black electrical tape do?

Comment

As long as it blocks the IR light transmission yes. Standard black PVC electrical tape has a very similar finish to the matt black of the Minix case so would be pretty much invisible if done carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X