Polaroid PMID701C - Too many pattern attempts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaroid PMID701C - Too many pattern attempts

A friend bought a Polaroid PMID701C from a pawn shop recently. The store owner showed him how to swipe the screen to get on. Unfortunately, at some point he made to many mistakes and now the device says "Too many pattern attempts!". The store owner does not know the username and password that were setup on it. My friend hadn't had it long enough to get it configured with his information.

I found some references to flashing the device using Gingerbread 2.0.5 (VX610WP_v2.0.5.rar) as a way to overcome the lock. But I can't find this file anywhere to download it. Any help would be appreciated.

Do I only need this one file? Is it just the firmware? If so, where can I get the application to flash the ROM?

Originally posted by AngelDeLaNoche View Post
    A friend bought a Polaroid PMID701C from a pawn shop recently. The store owner showed him how to swipe the screen to get on. Unfortunately, at some point he made to many mistakes and now the device says "Too many pattern attempts!". The store owner does not know the username and password that were setup on it. My friend hadn't had it long enough to get it configured with his information.

I found some references to flashing the device using Gingerbread 2.0.5 (VX610WP_v2.0.5.rar) as a way to overcome the lock. But I can't find this file anywhere to download it. Any help would be appreciated.

Do I only need this one file? Is it just the firmware? If so, where can I get the application to flash the ROM?
    Don't worry-this tablet is pretty brick-proof. Check out my ROM for this tablet-has ICS (better than Gingerbread) and includes some speed enhancements. Instructions to flash are in post #2

https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Working...
    X