Tronsmart orion R28 OTA update now live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart orion R28 OTA update now live

As the title states the OTA update is now live for the Tronsmart Orion R28.
    I have no change log though

Go to: About tablet/wirless update
    Last edited by blinkone; 01-15-2015, 16:17.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Up date error

Dont work for me :-( if i goto about tablet/wireless update/check for updates
    yes it finds an update, downloads it fine, it trys to install it in recovery then i get a error & it reboots

It might be failing because I have a 7GB parameter,If someone else could check it that using the stock parameter

Comment

I'll try it when I get home, hope they found time to fix the video stuttering

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I restored with Tronsmart Orion R28_110k4_141020.img then did the ota, worked fine. Now to test!

Comment

AW: Tronsmart orion R28 OTA update now live

Will you download the file and known the solution, then click.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dm...1k4_141020.zip

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Is there no option to download the full 111k?
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
              hope this fixes te bugs im compiled the fireflysdk and changed a few kernel options. I just need to sort the remote control the box is usable now at least for me. Will wait for some feed back before I install it

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                Iv looked & looked but I cant find the full 111k4..i still cant update OTA as yet I think it may be cus I flashed the updated loaderRK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02 a few months ago so I could boot into Linux this may be my problem.so I just fashed the v2.15 loader back to try it again with that loader just downloading the update now for the 5th time arrrrr

Edit: no still no luck with the v2.15 loader,,The only thing I can think of is it must be because I have a 7GB parameter

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                  Iv looked & looked but I cant find the full 111k4..i still cant update OTA as yet I think it may be cus I flashed the updated loaderRK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02 a few months ago so I could boot into Linux this may be my problem.so I just fashed the v2.15 loader back to try it again with that loader just downloading the update now for the 5th time arrrrr

Edit: no still no luck with the v2.15 loader,,The only thing I can think of is it must be because I have a 7GB parameter
                  Quite possibly the larger partition size although a previous OTA worked after modifying it.

With all the work that Mo and Wasser have been doing recently, I'm sceptical about whether this will have anything of benefit that will require a further modified ROM anyway, so shall stick with what the guys have produced unless I hear about some benefits that make it irresistible to flash.

Comment

Of cause I'm not sure, but I don't think bootloader or partition size effects that the OTA doesn't work... normally an OTA is an update.zip which works at file level and also with patches
                    and at /dev/block/ level e.g.
                    Code:
                    mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/rknand_system", "/system")
                    but not with addresses...

But also checks the system e.g. the boot (I think before execute the patch)
                    Code:
                    apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:6979584:39f8ed7ca1e13d78a7badb337c3528bb5d52b482:6979584:edbe9d29d414ca0af45c4124b5fcea9c38cdc28e") || abort("\"MTD:boot:6979584:39f8ed7ca1e13d78a7badb337c3528bb5d52b482:6979584:edbe9d29d414ca0af45c4124b5fcea9c38cdc28e\" has unexpected contents.");
                    And last but not least I don't know what's about recovery.img?
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      Of cause I'm not sure, but I don't think bootloader or partition size effects that the OTA doesn't work... normally an OTA is an update.zip which works at file level and also with patches
                      and at /dev/block/ level e.g.
                      Code:
                      mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/rknand_system", "/system")
                      but not with addresses...

But also checks the system e.g. the boot (I think before execute the patch)
                      Code:
                      apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:6979584:39f8ed7ca1e13d78a7badb337c3528bb5d52b482:6979584:edbe9d29d414ca0af45c4124b5fcea9c38cdc28e") || abort("\"MTD:boot:6979584:39f8ed7ca1e13d78a7badb337c3528bb5d52b482:6979584:edbe9d29d414ca0af45c4124b5fcea9c38cdc28e\" has unexpected contents.");
                      And last but not least I don't know what's about recovery.img?
                      Im trying to get a photo of the error that pops up but its only there for a split second but I keep missing it & I have to keep downloading the update to try & catch it again

Comment

I Have a photo of the error its not the best photo though

Comment

Somebody has just posted over on the Tronsmart forum that they have gone bankrupt, so not to expect further support.

They have provided no evidence to back it up though, so will just wait and see if this is the case.

Comment

So, i suppose this is same than beelink 111K?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                              I Have a photo of the error its not the best photo though

There is a thread here that talks of the build.prop issue, although it is unlikely to be of any practical use from what I read.

Running stock ROM with no custom recovery installed, I made a change to build.prop to turn noise cancellation off (to fix mic problem). Whenever a new OTA is released, would I get it, or would I have to set build.prop back to its original state first?

Comment

Working...
                              X