Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTL8192SU on Mk808B plus, need help-> no system/lib/modules ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTL8192SU on Mk808B plus, need help-> no system/lib/modules ???

Hello guys, I installed finless 1.1 on my Mk808b plus, however there is no system/lib/modules folder. I would like to install RTL8192 as seen in this thread for MK808 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Solution/page1

My device is rooted.

Thank you in advance for helping me

This driver is for Android 4.1, it won't work on 4.4 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
      This driver is for Android 4.1, it won't work on 4.4 anyway.
      OK thank you
      Any idea on how I can make my RTL8192 usb wifi dongle works?

Comment

Originally posted by Gryzounours View Post
        OK thank you
        Any idea on how I can make my RTL8192 usb wifi dongle works?
        Hi,

I've compiled the RTL8192 modules using the Amlogic kernel sources. Although the modules can be loaded and the device is recognized as wlan1, you can't use the external WiFi because Android uses the built-in AP6210 drivers from the kernel (wlan0).

For more info and download links read my blog post.
        iMito QX1 KitKat 4.4.2 ROM
        MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel builds

MK808B (RK903) KitKat kernel sources

Comment

Originally posted by BalintBanyasz View Post
          Hi,

I've compiled the RTL8192 modules using the Amlogic kernel sources. Although the modules can be loaded and the device is recognized as wlan1, you can't use the external WiFi because Android uses the built-in AP6210 drivers from the kernel (wlan0).

Hey, great work I think we are close to fix it

Comment

up

Comment

up

Comment

EDIT: DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION I PROVIDED BEFORE EDITION. It messed up my box. I only managed to recover it thanks to adb - thankfully I turn USB debugging on some time ago.

But there is a better news! Probably the default WLAN interface is defined in build.prop under wifi.interface=wlan0 line. I'm getting my Realtek 8192 USB card tomorrow, so if I get it to work, I will surely write some kind of tutorial. For now I changed wlan0 to wlan1 and my wifi doesn't work - it is a good sign, because Android is looking for wifi on wlan1, but this interface isn't present.
                Last edited by gleniu; 04-07-2015, 14:56. Reason: Removed link to a dangerous application

Comment

Originally posted by gleniu View Post
                  EDIT: DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION I PROVIDED BEFORE EDITION. It messed up my box. I only managed to recover it thanks to adb - thankfully I turn USB debugging on some time ago.

But there is a better news! Probably the default WLAN interface is defined in build.prop under wifi.interface=wlan0 line. I'm getting my Realtek 8192 USB card tomorrow, so if I get it to work, I will surely write some kind of tutorial. For now I changed wlan0 to wlan1 and my wifi doesn't work - it is a good sign, because Android is looking for wifi on wlan1, but this interface isn't present.
                  Hey,
                  I sold my MK808b plus because of the weak wifi. Very glad though you might have found a solution about it. I ordered the MK809 plus, it has apparently a better wifi. I will make a full review of it

Comment

Originally posted by Gryzounours View Post

Hey,
                    I sold my MK808b plus because of the weak wifi. Very glad though you might have found a solution about it. I ordered the MK809 plus, it has apparently a better wifi. I will make a full review of it
                    I don't want to worry you, but actually I have MK809 Plus and wifi isn't great on it either... You get very strong signal (-38 - -50 dBm), very good link speed (65 mbps), but the actual speed is a crap - 20 mbit when next to router, 8-10 mbit when about 5 meteres from router without any walls (and that's with external antenna I soldered into PCB, on stock internal antena it is about 4-6 mbit). It is enough for YouTube etc, but if you want to stream HD movie be prepared for buffering issues :/ If you get your MK809 Plus, please test speeds over local wifi and with speedtest.net and share the results. Maybe my MK809 Plus is simply faulty and you will have better speeds. I will also try to change software - maybe I'll get better speeds on Finless or CM11 (BTW - you can use ROMs for MK808B Plus on MK809 Plus, however if something goes wrong and you won't be able to boot system, you will brick MK809 Plus - it doesn't have recovery button, so the only ways to boot recovery is by using ADB or reboot apps).

Back to the topic - unfortunately I didn't managed to run wifi on external USB adapter. I managed to have it recognized, even on wlan0, but Android doesn't want to use it. I suppose dhd.ko module has to be recompiled, but I'm not that far into Linux that I can make it by myself.

Comment

Hi,

Did you try to connect through the command line and not android gui?
                      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Hi,

For more info and download links read my http://balintbanyasz.pe.hu/mk808b-plus/rtl8192curtl8188cu-usb-wifi-on-mk808b-plus/"]blog post[/URL].
                        Did you by chance enable p2p in this driver. I think it is required to work.
                        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Working...
                        X