Pipo x7 heat problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo x7 heat problem.

Hi i have just bought a 1 half inch fan & heat sink from maplin, Its just the fan im affter. Now i need to now, Could i solder this fan to 1 of the USB ports on the inside of the pipo, If so i was going to glue the fan to the under side of the top plate of the pipo x7 & drill about 6 very neat holes were the fan will go, So all you will have is a few holes in the top & thats it. It wood still look like a tidy box. I think the pipo can still handle 2 or 3 volts with out have a external power suply. PS. I will take a pick affter iv done it. Its just were to solder the fan to get it moving to cool down the cpu that im stuck on.
    Last edited by bigall123; 01-26-2015, 11:08.

Have you seen Scooby-doo's solution here?

Comment

Pipo X7

Yeh just seen it. Il be taking this back then. Haha. Still dont no were he got the 5mm thick cooling pads from. Il have to mod my 2 thats coming. I thingk eny heat sink will do as long as its not more than 15mm high.

Comment

Hi. I want to know what's the biggest feature about PIPO x7?

Comment

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
          Yeh just seen it. Il be taking this back then. Haha. Still dont no were he got the 5mm thick cooling pads from. Il have to mod my 2 thats coming. I thingk eny heat sink will do as long as its not more than 15mm high.
          Scooby Doo posted an **** link with the source of his 5mm heating pads. They are available from the same German supplier on **** UK as well. They aren't cheap though.

Comment

Pipo X7

Yes ive just bought 1. They r a bit much like. i will use some tinfoil next time. haha.

Comment

Strange i have MUCH powerfull mini pc which is also aluminum box with no fans. It's intel celeron C1037U it gets warm but not hot so i would modify anything. Strange how 5 times less powerfull cpu does more heat.

I guess people just dont understanding - this is NOT regular pc and never will be. You cant use it as regular desktop pc. it's more like tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
                Hi. I want to know what's the biggest feature about PIPO x7?
                Not some weak ARM cpu, but real x86 + aluminium box. that's it.
                And it's much better than some crappy Minix which cost 50$ more and is plastic with weaker cpu on wich you cna only run crappy os like Android, and some linux modifications and much less on board memory. On Pipo you can use ANY os. Just need to get way of installing it.

Comment

Working...
                X