This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokie171 View Post
    They will work. They will make it very tight, and will slightly bend the PCB making the screws tight, that's why 12 mm probably would be ideal. The pad you ordered is perfect and should yield good results. You are welcome.
    Kevin
    The 5mm pad that Vinchenzo ordered is probably 1.2W/mK type. Would that be sufficient? Is that what you used? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jake123 View Post
      The 5mm pad that Vinchenzo ordered is probably 1.2W/mK type. Would that be sufficient? Is that what you used? Thanks.
      Hi,
      yes you are right,
      that was the seller sent to me when I ask about specification,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-MAfsHqjcjhSnFjOGhSNk1GZTA/view?usp=sharing

Photography and pictures of places, animals, nature, underwater, travel, and more. Turn Your Photo Into an Original Piece of Art Free. Photo Contest. Over $100,000.00 in prizes. Rate My Photo Contest ... Turn Your Photo Into an Original Piece of Art

.....so will going to trash,my bad
      Last edited by Vinchenzo; 03-09-2015, 18:53.

Comment

With Pipo, Geekbuying etc seemingly aware of the issue of appropriate cooling, are they proposing to modify the design to provide adequate heat dissipation for new customers?
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

After searching a lot for some decent thermal pads, and finding some candidates, I realized that I ended up in the same choice that most other users have already made.

These stores belong to the same company:

Xbox-experts.com

Thermal-pads.com
          Wärmeleitpads werden verwendet um Luft und Unebenheiten zu überbrücken, wenn kein direkter Kontakt zwischen dem Kühlkörper und der Oberfläche des zu kühlenden Chips möglich ist. Für eine bestmögliche Wärmeableitung werden hoch-wärmeleitfähige Materialien, wie Silikon, aber auch Graphit und andere Metalle verwendet. Typ

X-EX.com Shop store on ****
          http://stores.****.com/xboxexpertsco...nkw=ThermalPad

This is a 5W/mK product:

[EC-360™ BLUE] 5MM 100x100 Thermalpad 5W/mK

Menge 2+ 4+ 8+ 16+ 32+ 50+ 100+ 200+ 500+ Rabatt 6% 12% 15% 21% 26% 31% 35% 38% 40% Die Wärmeleitpads der EC360® BLUE Serie zählen zu den silikonbasierten Wärmeleitpads mit dem besten Preis- Leistungs-Verhältnis. Mit einer hohen Wärmeleitfähigkeit von 5 W/mK, sind sie die erste Wahl für eine Großzahl an Anwendungen. An

http://www.****.com/itm/EC-360-BLUE-...-/111341822880

This is a little bit cheaper 2.5W/mK product:

[EC-360™ GREEN] 5MM 100x100 Thermalpad 2.5W/mK

Menge   2+ 4+ 8+ 16+ 32+ 50+ 100+ 200+ 500+  Rabatt   6% 12% 15% 21% 26% 31% 35% 38% 40%   Die EC360® GREEN Serie führt silikonbasierte Wärmeleitpads für einen kleinen Preis ein. Mit einer ausbalancierten Wärmeleitfähigkeit von 2,5 W/mK, sind sie für die meisten Anwendungen, wie die Installation auf Speicherchips und a

http://www.****.com/itm/EC-360-GREEN...-/121300307570

These are very expensive, but the smaller and thicker ones can be used on the chips:

Fujipoly / ModRight Extreme Thermal Pads
          Welcome to FrozenCPU, support PC builders since 1999. Check out the latest and greatest PC water and air cooling components for your next build. EKWB, Mayhems, Aquacomputer, Watercool HEATKILLER, Bitspower, and more. We offer same day shipping, rewards with cash back for your next purchase, and expert support.

Fujipoly / ModRight Ultra Extreme Thermal Pads
          Welcome to FrozenCPU, support PC builders since 1999. Check out the latest and greatest PC water and air cooling components for your next build. EKWB, Mayhems, Aquacomputer, Watercool HEATKILLER, Bitspower, and more. We offer same day shipping, rewards with cash back for your next purchase, and expert support.

Comment

I had the same issu like you do, same board 1.3
            I put this on Thermal pad XT 1mm, 7W/mk (120x20mm) Phobya

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/Phobya-The...-/331498394896

Now I have 52 C at full load for 30min

Originally posted by scropion86 View Post
            mine is reaching 82 C just for playing a 720P Movie for half hour , i stopped using it till i got my hands on
            small heatsink and thermal conductive pads to modify it , otherwise my CPU will fried .
            it seams that the board V1.3 have more heat problems than V1.2

Comment

Originally posted by strix View Post
              I had the same issu like you do, same board 1.3
              I put this on Thermal pad XT 1mm, 7W/mk (120x20mm) Phobya

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/Phobya-The...-/331498394896

Now I have 52 C at full load for 30min

good ,but my problem i can't get any thermal pads here at all , so laptop fan is alternative
              and after long searching in computer repair shops i got my hand on these
              i will try to play with it today to see the results

the silver aluminum heatsink is 30x30x10 MM
              the golden on is 30x30x6 Mm
              the fan is 5V 0.32 mA and height is 12 MM
              and i will use a normal thermal paste and i till stick it to the board using a hot glue Gun
              same with the fan

i found only very thin double tape but not thermal , i don't know if i used it maybe prevents heat to transfer from aluminum plate to heatsink , any idea??

Last edited by scropion86; 03-10-2015, 07:30. Reason: add more details

Comment

Hi everyone,
                it's there anyone who already order this thermal pad
                http://www.****.com/itm/EC-360-BLUE-...68&mfe=sidebar
                and like me will not use more then 30mm*50mm
                Scooby-Doo post 126,

and it's agree to sell what are it's left from the thermal pad!
                Don't understand me wrong I just want save money,
                because I'm pretty sure there is no one here,who are thinking,
                will have to mod his box and gave maybe 1/2 from the real price of the box!
                I hope you understand me what I wanted to tell,because my English it's very bad!
                Thank you
                Last edited by Vinchenzo; 03-10-2015, 09:11.

Comment

good ,but my problem i can't get any thermal pads here at all , so laptop fan is alternative

and i will use a normal thermal paste and i till stick it to the board using a hot glue Gun
                  same with the fan

i found only very thin double tape but not thermal , i don't know if i used it maybe prevents heat to transfer from aluminum plate to heatsink , any idea??

Why not use a small strip of the tape .that way it sticks plus it can still pass heat on the sides

Comment

same with the fan

after testing the modding with the previously posted items here is the results

before the modd my minimum temp is 50-55 C

1 - i add the fan and only the silver heatsink and test it for small time
                    2 - idle temp is 52 C and normal working CPU about 30%-40% 58-60 C
                    3- stress the CPU for two minutes temp became 78C
                    4- i stopped the stress test to not damage the device.
                    5- i disconnect the fan (small but so noisy)
                    6- 2 - idle temp is 54 C and normal working CPU about 30%-40% 58-60 C so no benefit from the fan
                    7- i stick the second (golden) heatsink to the alu plate
                    8- and now Idle 1s 55 and normal usage about 30%-40% 60-65 C

conclusion is :

- fan i useless at least for me
                    - the most important part is the silicon thermal pads under the board touch down the box
                    unfortunately i can't find it any where i have to order it online and it will take almost 25-30 days to reach here.

so now i will use it with only heatsinks and to keep eye on the temp till i get the thermal pads

Comment

Why can you not get any therminal pad??

same with the fan

Comment

Originally posted by strix View Post
                        Why can you not get any therminal pad??
                        because it's not available here in computer parts store or even in repair workshop BTW
                        i am now in Saudi arabia not in my Home in Egypt.
                        so i have to order it from AliExpress or **** and Wait

Comment

Today I tried astress test with AIDA64 trial. I have an unmodded pipo. The cpu temp went up to 83C with AIDA not reporting any CPU throttling. Then I tried moving the mouse and it gave me an 100% cpu throttling spike and the graphics driver reported that it crashed and recovered succesfully. After that the temps lowered a little to 78C and stayed there with no cpu throttling reported. I stopped the test after about 6 minutes. After some minutes I restarted the test and temps stayed about 76-78C with no reported cpu throttling.

I can't make anything out of it...

Comment

Originally posted by kgian76 View Post
                            Today I tried astress test with AIDA64 trial. I have an unmodded pipo. The cpu temp went up to 83C with AIDA not reporting any CPU throttling. Then I tried moving the mouse and it gave me an 100% cpu throttling spike and the graphics driver reported that it crashed and recovered succesfully. After that the temps lowered a little to 78C and stayed there with no cpu throttling reported. I stopped the test after about 6 minutes. After some minutes I restarted the test and temps stayed about 76-78C with no reported cpu throttling.

I can't make anything out of it...

after testing and checking even fan is useless , the main point is to use a good thermal conductive pad under the board to touch the surface of the metal plate down .
                            using heatsink will just drop the temp for 5 - 7 C alone that's it.

Comment

Fisrt, hello to all. This is my fisrt post.

I have been reading the post for weeks. I have a Pipo X7 and very very happy. But it reach 80C very easily.

I am from Spain and in summer we have 40C in shadow. 80C in the pipo is a risk in summer.

I have try the heatsinks mod (8mm tall aluminium) and the thermal pad in the back. My conclusion, the more important is to join the mother board and the aluminiun case of the pipo.

With the heatsinks, the temperatures was very similars. The main different was a better cooling differential. That is, a high velocity from high to low temperature.

With the pad in the back, but without case contact, was a 2-3 C different.

But with the pad in the back and with case contact there was a 10C different. In normal use, the pipo is in 55C. With a high load, the pipo reach the 80C - 82C again, but only with high load.

Then, I have try to control that intensive puntual hight temperature. The idea is to help the pipo in that moments (in a HD film or playing a game). I have a USB fan, that for laptops. I put then under the pipo, and in the high load test, the temperature drop to 70C!!!!

I use the USB fan to insert air from the room. The room was to 20C or 22C. I insert the air from the botton of the pipo.

But....

Then I think in the pipo case desing. From the first time I have seen the pipo I missed something in the top: a grating. The air in the pipo enter by the botton and then goes to the sides. But in the top there has not a exit. That is a problem in passive cooling.

With this in mind, I think in turn arround the pipo. I put the botton in top, and then.... surprise, 10C temperature down fall without the fan. In high load the temperature was 70C to 72C. Ok, after a while it reach to 80C, but then you return to normal load and the temperature goes down very quickly.

And then I put the USB fan. But this time on top of the pipo (that is the botton) and throwing out the air. And in high load this time the temperature was 60C (20C less!!!!). And in normal load over 45C.

I use the XT 1mm thermal pad cut in five parts, and I put one over other. I take one 5mm pad and put in the back middle. The contact with the case is between 4mm and 5mm.

Now, when I have time, I will mod the upper case to open a grating, but by now the pipo is flipped.

Comment

Originally posted by pitiocampa View Post
                                Fisrt, hello to all. This is my fisrt post.

I have been reading the post for weeks. I have a Pipo X7 and very very happy. But it reach 80C very easily.

I am from Spain and in summer we have 40C in shadow. 80C in the pipo is a risk in summer.

I have try the heatsinks mod (8mm tall aluminium) and the thermal pad in the back. My conclusion, the more important is to join the mother board and the aluminiun case of the pipo.

With the heatsinks, the temperatures was very similars. The main different was a better cooling differential. That is, a high velocity from high to low temperature.

With the pad in the back, but without case contact, was a 2-3 C different.

But with the pad in the back and with case contact there was a 10C different. In normal use, the pipo is in 55C. With a high load, the pipo reach the 80C - 82C again, but only with high load.

Then, I have try to control that intensive puntual hight temperature. The idea is to help the pipo in that moments (in a HD film or playing a game). I have a USB fan, that for laptops. I put then under the pipo, and in the high load test, the temperature drop to 70C!!!!

I use the USB fan to insert air from the room. The room was to 20C or 22C. I insert the air from the botton of the pipo.

But....

Then I think in the pipo case desing. From the first time I have seen the pipo I missed something in the top: a grating. The air in the pipo enter by the botton and then goes to the sides. But in the top there has not a exit. That is a problem in passive cooling.

With this in mind, I think in turn arround the pipo. I put the botton in top, and then.... surprise, 10C temperature down fall without the fan. In high load the temperature was 70C to 72C. Ok, after a while it reach to 80C, but then you return to normal load and the temperature goes down very quickly.

And then I put the USB fan. But this time on top of the pipo (that is the botton) and throwing out the air. And in high load this time the temperature was 60C (20C less!!!!). And in normal load over 45C.

I use the XT 1mm thermal pad cut in five parts, and I put one over other. I take one 5mm pad and put in the back middle. The contact with the case is between 4mm and 5mm.

Now, when I have time, I will mod the upper case to open a grating, but by now the pipo is flipped.
                                very good idea to flip it it never come to my mind .
                                now i know what i want , only thermal pads and flip it over
                                i will try that when i got the pads

Comment

Working...
                                X