Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ! Is there a ROM for my MK809IV with rtl8723bs wifi chipset ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ! Is there a ROM for my MK809IV with rtl8723bs wifi chipset ?

Hello,

I really need your help, i think my stick is bricked since i wanted flash with other ROM...
    Actually, there is no rom i can use to revive this stick except "kitkat442-gxtd16.zip" but wifi and bluetooth not working.

Chipset: RK3188T
    Name of stick: MK809IV (with red slider)
    Wifi + Blueetooth: RTL8723BS

here is my stick:

Link i bought this stick:

Could you help me to find a valid rom with bluetooth and wifi working please ?

Thanks a lot !

No one ?
    Sniff....

Comment

try this

Comment

Thanks a lot methead !!

Hello !

Thank you methead for your share, because you saved my life ... i was lost !
        Really really really really !!!!!

HDMI 1080P: OK
        Bluetooth: OK
        Wifi: OK

And bonus: netflix, xbmc !!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by fenrilou View Post
          Hello !

Thank you methead for your share, because you saved my life ... i was lost !
          Really really really really !!!!!

HDMI 1080P: OK
          Bluetooth: OK
          Wifi: OK

And bonus: netflix, xbmc !!

Regards,
          So I have managed to flash it with "update_8723 xbmc boot2.09_2014.4.22.img" and it worked. But still had no VPN support. Therefore I have quickly flashed it with: "update_tv03 8723 4.4 xbmc_2014.7.8.img".

All went ok with AndroidTool. So I have connected it to my TV and nothing happens.

Tried to connect it back to my laptop in flash mode and it's not recognized - nothing happens.
          Looks like a brick to me, but would be nice to know if there is anything else I can do?
          Last edited by LolekUK; 01-31-2015, 11:50. Reason: new info

Comment

Originally posted by LolekUK View Post
            So I have managed to flash it with "update_8723 xbmc boot2.09_2014.4.22.img" and it worked. But still had no VPN support. Therefore I have quickly flashed it with: "update_tv03 8723 4.4 xbmc_2014.7.8.img".

All went ok with AndroidTool. So I have connected it to my TV and nothing happens.

Tried to connect it back to my laptop in flash mode and it's not recognized - nothing happens.
            Looks like a brick to me, but would be nice to know if there is anything else I can do?
            I think you sould post an image of your pcb. You have to open your stick to see if there is mini button (recovery button).
            You should push this button and plug your card on OTG USB port. it will be recognized by your laptop.

Regards,

Comment

I think you sould post an image of your pcb. You have to open your stick to see if there is mini button (recovery button).
              You should push this button and plug your card on OTG USB port. it will be recognized by your laptop.

Regards,
              I have used the button and used OTG USB port last night to flash other ROMS (I have marked on the 3rd photo which ports I've used and which button) - and it worked fine. After flashing it for the 3rd time it has died. LED still comes on when plugged in to power/PC's USB port. Nothing comes on on the TV or nothing is recognized when plugged in to the PC.

Wonder if I need to use PIN8/9 method - or whatever is needed to get to the mask rom mode.
              I just want to be sure now what I'm doing to not to break it even more.

Photos below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150131_130433~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	436982Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150131_130413~2.jpg
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	436983Click image for larger version

Name:	imgwritten.jpg
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	436984

Comment

On the first photo there is a big chip (nand) count from the dot on the chip to pin 8&9 short the two pins together at the same time you plug it in to your pc our pc should bong ping what ever you want to call it now you should be in maskrom mode
                Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                  On the first photo there is a big chip (nand) count from the dot on the chip to pin 8&9 short the two pins together at the same time you plug it in to your pc our pc should bong ping what ever you want to call it now you should be in maskrom mode
                  Is that the correct chip and correct pins?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	pins.jpg
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	436985

I assume I don't need to press 'reset' button as well?

Thanks

Comment

No need to use the recovery button when you short the pins,Just plug it into your pc the same time as you short the pins on the chip

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                      No need to use the recovery button when you short the pins,Just plug it into your pc the same time as you short the pins on the chip
                      Worked!

Flashed, recognized in Android tool and booted up fine on TV Thanks!

Does anyone know a working ROM with TUN module (VPN) i could use with this MK809IV, RK3188, Realtek 8723BS

I have already purchased VPN service without knowing that it's not working on factory ROM and now i know VPN is not working on this "update_8723 xbmc boot2.09_2014.4.22" and I'm keen to try more

Comment

Originally posted by LolekUK View Post

Photos below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10144[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10145[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10146[/ATTACH]
                        Hello, I've exactly this stick (mine is labled MK809III android 4.2 stick), but I've received it with Android 4.4.2 with this firmware: RK3188-eng4.4.2HOT49H_eng_root_20140708.183120_test-keys)

All works good, but VPN. I've installed Sonicwall Mobile Connect APP and when I try to bring up the tunnel, the app cannot create the interface. On my HTC One X the same app works well.

So I think that miss something (maybe TUN module as LolekUK told). Is there another rom that I can flash with VPN working?

Is there a tutorial for flashing this stick. I've found only how to make a backup (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ew-RK-2-1-tool). I hope is good for my stick.

I can give access to my VPN concentrator if someone wants to test own stick for this functionality.

TIA!!!

Comment

UP!

Comment

Originally posted by balteck View Post
                            Hello, I've exactly this stick (mine is labled MK809III android 4.2 stick), but I've received it with Android 4.4.2 with this firmware: RK3188-eng4.4.2HOT49H_eng_root_20140708.183120_test-keys)

All works good, but VPN. I've installed Sonicwall Mobile Connect APP and when I try to bring up the tunnel, the app cannot create the interface. On my HTC One X the same app works well.

So I think that miss something (maybe TUN module as LolekUK told). Is there another rom that I can flash with VPN working?

Is there a tutorial for flashing this stick. I've found only how to make a backup (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ew-RK-2-1-tool). I hope is good for my stick.

I can give access to my VPN concentrator if someone wants to test own stick for this functionality.

TIA!!!
                            I am having a smiler problem with vpn i have tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nstaller&hl=en but when i connect to a vpn i get a soft reboot

has any one had any luck with vpn on any rom

Comment

Hello,

I really need your help, i think my stick is bricked since i wanted flash with other ROM...
                              Actually, there is no rom i can use to revive this stick except "kitkat442-gxtd16.zip" but wifi and bluetooth not working.

Chipset: RK3188T
                              Name of stick: MK809IV (with red slider)
                              Wifi + Blueetooth: RTL8723BS

here is my stick:

Link i bought this stick:

Could you help me to find a valid rom with bluetooth and wifi working please ?

Thanks a lot !
                              This is the identical card i have but the rom from post 3 did not work for me and it would not boot. the stock rom 4.4.2 that came with it was garbage and google play store wasn't working very well if at all and lots of download errors from it. i managed to install a different play store but it only allowed one or 2 downloads and then gave me different errors. now i am trying to find a new rom that works better. i have flashed a few different roms so far and only one started to boot but it was a boot loop. i am using rockchip batch tool right now. is there a better flash program out there for this?

Comment

Working...
                              X