MK808 black screen but only with 1080p output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 black screen but only with 1080p output

Someone I know has a problem with his mk808. It seems to work fine apart from if you select any 1080p output resolution.

On both his TV and mine the TV screen goes black for a few seconds then the MK808 reverts back to 720p output. My TV doesn't show 1080p in the info panel like it does on my mk808 when I select 1080p output.

I tried different hdmi cables and dc adapters which doesn't help. The problem also persists with different firmware.

I told the guy that I think it's faulty and to return it but does anyone have any other suggestions as he is reluctant to send it back to China!

Thanks
    Jez

Re: MK808 black screen but only with 1080p output

To answer my own question; I found a high quality HDMI cable that I use with my Sony camera so I thought I would give it a try.

I can now get 1080p output on this MK808 although the display has artefacts like random sparkly pixels but is quite usable.

When I use the hdmi cable that comes with the MK808 (actually I tried two different ones both of which work fine on my mk808 at 1080p) it just displays nothing.

I suspect that the MK808 which only works at 1080p with my high quality cable is actually faulty and perhaps gives a weak signal output at this high resolution. Maybe a poor solder joint resulting in signal loss at higher frequency.

Jez

Comment

Working...
    X