Why X7 can't get maximum speed 2.16Ghz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why X7 can't get maximum speed 2.16Ghz?

Pipo X7 has Z3736f ~ 2.16Ghz but when I stress CPU 100%, windows show maximum speed is 1.6Ghz. Why X7 can't get maximum speed 2.16Ghz?

I have no idea about the temperature steps to throttle down the speed, maybe it is also "too" hot for 2.xGHz at the beginning or after a really short time...???
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

The reason is that the Bios has a lock inside.
      This prevents the CPU from running on that Speed.

Regards
      Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
        The reason is that the Bios has a lock inside.
        This prevents the CPU from running on that Speed.

Regards
        Neomode
        That really sucks. I wonder why they chose the Z3736F instead of the Z3735F then. A Z3736F locked down to 1.6 ghz shoud be exactly the same as a Z3735F and the Z3735F is probably cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
          That really sucks. I wonder why they chose the Z3736F instead of the Z3735F then. A Z3736F locked down to 1.6 ghz shoud be exactly the same as a Z3735F and the Z3735F is probably cheaper...
          AIDA64 shows a the CPU hitting 2.13 ghz on a regular basis while watching BD or DVD rips.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by sogoku_vn View Post
            Pipo X7 has Z3736f ~ 2.16Ghz but when I stress CPU 100%, windows show maximum speed is 1.6Ghz. Why X7 can't get maximum speed 2.16Ghz?
            Are you ensuring you only push one core ? If you push multiple cores then it won't hit 2.16GHz AIUI - it only hits max speed in that situation - you can't run all cores at Turbo, it's there to make single-threaded apps run faster, because other cores are not running at load so the heat generated can be coped with. (*)

(*) Though heat and the X7 may not be great friends...

Comment

I used Prime95 to stress CPU

Comment

I used Prime95 to stress CPU
                Think that is multithreaded - so you wouldn't expect it to hit the highest Burst clock rates as all cores will be running at max. Burst is there for single threaded stuff that run on a single core. If you stress all 4 cores at the same time you can't run at max Burst - as it would make the processor too hot. (Burst works by letting one core get hot because the others aren't AIUI)

Comment

Originally posted by noggin View Post
                  Think that is multithreaded - so you wouldn't expect it to hit the highest Burst clock rates as all cores will be running at max. Burst is there for single threaded stuff that run on a single core. If you stress all 4 cores at the same time you can't run at max Burst - as it would make the processor too hot. (Burst works by letting one core get hot because the others aren't AIUI)
                  Yes. I stress single core and win shows 2.09 Ghz and stress 4 core, cpu clock is 1.55 Ghz. Now I understand. Thanks

Comment

... Now I understand. Thanks
                    +1
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                    X