LATEST FIRMWARE RELEASED 20150123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LATEST FIRMWARE RELEASED 20150123

Hi, glad to share PIPO X7 TV box firmware, please check below information: Download link:  PIPO X7 tv box Latest Firmware Password: geekbuying.com After flash your Pipo X7 successfully, you may need to change the system langage from Chinese to Enilish, please check this blog: How to change system language from Chinese to English in […]

Anyone tried this or have a change log? Curious if it's just an updated version of Windows or if it's an actual bios update.

Originally posted by Troz View Post
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ased-20150123/Anyone tried this or have a change log? Curious if it's just an updated version of Windows or if it's an actual bios update.
    sorry to make you guys confuse.
    i just confirm , this is just the copy of windows, original is here:

but it is in baidu, and 4.8G, it will take you guys years to download, so we upload to mediafire for you guys.

here is the instruction for how to install it.

1 decompress the file , you just need to click decompress the part 1, and it will automatic decompress the whole 8 files. and then you will find a folder called x7.

2 now prepare a usb driver (at least 8gb) and then format it to NTFS and change the Volume Label to winpe

3 copy the whole files in the X7 folder to the root
    directory of 8gb usb driver

4 insert the 8gb usb driver to pipo x7, power on x7, and press F7 button, choose usb driver recovery.

and the system install will work.

Eric
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
      sorry to make you guys confuse.
      i just confirm , this is just the copy of windows, original is here:

but it is in baidu, and 4.8G, it will take you guys years to download, so we upload to mediafire for you guys.

here is the instruction for how to install it.

1 decompress the file , you just need to click decompress the part 1, and it will automatic decompress the whole 8 files. and then you will find a folder called x7.

2 now prepare a usb driver (at least 8gb) and then format it to NTFS and change the Volume Label to winpe

3 copy the whole files in the X7 folder to the root
      directory of 8gb usb driver

4 insert the 8gb usb driver to pipo x7, power on x7, and press F7 button, choose usb driver recovery.

and the system install will work.

Eric
      Thanks for clarifying Eric, any news on a bios update too allow legacy bios or 64bit UEFI?

Comment

Windows is windows! This is not like a new ROM! This is not the same and works the same way as Android OS.

If there is no BIOS update, then do not bother!

I will have a look this week but I really have a feeling there is no need.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Curious what this bios update will be.... Mine is shipped today from Geekbuying.

Comment

Originally posted by wackidth View Post
            Curious what this bios update will be.... Mine is shipped today from Geekbuying.
            Suggestion is that this is just another Windows 8.1 with Bing re-installation image (i.e. an image to reflash to the internal eMMC drive) not a BIOS update (to flash to the BIOS storage which is likely to be a separate, small SPI flash or simiar)

Comment

They also linked to x7_msLogo_bios.rar and I think that's what wackidth talk about (I also saw it at another thread at the past)...
              Someone an idea what this x7_msLogo_bios.rar is? Meybe what's new at it?
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yes that's what I mean, it's only 3mb's....

Comment

Yes, it's definitely the bios, but is it an update or the stock one, and if update, what are the changes...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Finless?? Or other pre x7 users, any update on this?

Comment

I have not messed with it yet.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"