No announcement yet.

gearbest...can they be trusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone in the UK Digital Playworld claim to have the black model in stock for £92.99 + p&p.

I have never dealt with this store and I don't like the fact that they don't have their address on the website but it may be of interest to some people here.

[Edit] I did see on another forum a number of people saying that they had orders shipped from Gearbest today. All seem to have ordered around 6-7th. of January.

Comment

I cancelled my order on Gearbest.
      Pay time : 01/15/2015 17:50:31 PM

Gearbest Customer Support  At :01/26/2015 02:05:38 AM
      Thank you so much for your recent order.

We regret to inform you that the item(s) you ordered is out of stock now. The manufactuer cannot offer it to us recently.

Would you want to exchange the item(s) for another one? or prefer to receive refund for it?

We wish to take this opportunity to apologize to you for any inconvenience caused.Thank you so much for your kind understanding and patience.

Best Regards
      Gina

Comment

chinese string festival coming

I orderer two x7.

My first order was on 31/12/2014, it was not in presale.
        charged in my account 11/01/2015

next week chinese spring festival is coming
        means that if the next week do not shipped, we will have to wait a week or two minimum more.

our patience has a limit, If next week no shipped, i will cancel all orders.

Comment

There seems to be conflicting information in the above posts.

If Gearbest is still getting the units and sending them out as they arrive, I'll wait a little longer and see if they can get my units out soon. I can wait but as others said, just give me the correct facts and a timeline, to the best of their ability.

I did read in another thread that someone suspects Windows 8.1/Bing may have been pulled from the X7 because it isn't a tablet. I hope Gearbest can confirm if this is true or false. If Windows 8.1/Bing was pulled and replaced with a trial version of windows, that will be a big change to me....

Can anyone who received an X7 recently confirm if Windows 8.1 w/Bing is still installed?

Comment

I managed, at canceled my order ( pipo X7 ), there was much, of shadow area.

I will wait , minix Z64 opinion or other.

Comment

Not looking good for geekbuying orders placed... here is an email they sent to me last night

Thanks for your always support
              we have postponed the shipping of your parcel,but the item (X7 Black )is very popular and we couldn't meet all the requires now.
              The factory may need more time for quality testing and ensuring the product can work prefect. We would appreciate if you can understand this situation.
              Would you mind choosing the Sliver: PIPO X7 Windows 8.1 Smart Mini PC TV Box 2G RAM 32G ROM Intel 3736F 1.8GHz Quad Core - Silver(24182917)
              Because we can get more numbers about this color.
              anyway if you have any opinion of it , please feel free to contact us .
              We apologize for the inconvenience.

I told them I dont care about the color so well see if that actually means anything as far as actually getting an item shipped but im not really feeling all that hopeful based on how long ive waited already.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                Not looking good for geekbuying orders placed... here is an email they sent to me last night

we have postponed the shipping of your parcel,but the item (X7 Black )is very popular and we couldn't meet all the requires now.
                The factory may need more time for quality testing and ensuring the product can work prefect. We would appreciate if you can understand this situation.
                Would you mind choosing the Sliver: PIPO X7 Windows 8.1 Smart Mini PC TV Box 2G RAM 32G ROM Intel 3736F 1.8GHz Quad Core - Silver(24182917)

I told them I dont care about the color so well see if that actually means anything as far as actually getting an item shipped but im not really feeling all that hopeful based on how long ive waited already.

Gearbest just shipped my second unit. I have used them and PipoMall and both at least for me has worked out fine. Tell ya what, the more I play with this unit and tweak it, if you like Windows, this is really the answer. I know it cannot do .265 (for now), but that is minor to me. What I have is a stable platform that is pretty cheap, in the Windows world. My next plan is a HyperSpin based video arcade.

Rob

Comment

Really wish I would have gone with gearbest instead of geekbuying, nothing I can do now since a refund from them will probably take longer to process then another weeks wait for shipment. If my box doesnt ship out by next week I will cancel all orders I currently have placed with them and get my my couple hundred bucks back and give to another vendor.

Comment

gearbest...can they be trusted

Originally posted by robmich View Post
                    Gearbest just shipped my second unit. I have used them and PipoMall and both at least for me has worked out fine. Tell ya what, the more I play with this unit and tweak it, if you like Windows, this is really the answer. I know it cannot do .265 (for now), but that is minor to me. What I have is a stable platform that is pretty cheap, in the Windows world. My next plan is a HyperSpin based video arcade.

Rob
                    When did you order with Gearbest? I ordered a silver X7 on the 9th, the 21st they took my money stating that they would ship within 3 to 5 days, and yesterday they told me they won't expect it in stock any time soon... Guess they are lying... Have to edit my previous post about me trusting gearbest to deliver.

Comment

Ordered mine from gearbest on the 16th and just got my shipping notification, woo.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post

Hello, can you let me know what was your order number? Or at least the date when you made that order?
                        I've ordered a black one too, on 22nd, and based on all the stories I've heard so far it looks like I'll not get it from this batch either...

Comment

Originally posted by jg77 View Post
                          When did you order with Gearbest? I ordered a silver X7 on the 9th, the 21st they took my money stating that they would ship within 3 to 5 days, and yesterday they told me they won't expect it in stock any time soon... Guess they are lying... Have to edit my previous post about me trusting gearbest to deliver.
                          I ordered mine in early January during the pre-sale. It is currently on a plane from Singapore. So I should have it in 2-3 days.
                          Last edited by robmich; 01-31-2015, 02:16.

Comment

I don't know if they are necessarily lying. Some of the customer service reps at gearbest seem to speak very little english. I tried to speak with one person about switching to faster shipping, and he thought I wanted to cancel my order. Basically, I think they are maybe disorganized or confused, but not necessarily malicious. That was the sense I got anyway.

Comment

Early customers who received units from the first batch are enjoying activated Windows 8.1, for a total of 90 USD. When we placed and paid our orders, just a week apart from these early customers, we were promised activated Windows 8.1. I guess that the fair thing to do is to ship the already paid units with activated Windows 8.1, absorbing any additional cost.

If an end user gets a trial version of Windows 8.1, he would probably need to pay 50-100 USD to get the full version afterwards, because the 15 USD price is a special price for manufacturers, not for end users.

The crazy thing is that the sellers now ask 120 USD for units reportedly having a trial version of Windows 8.1. With these practices, the device is not worth buying anymore. At least they could absorb the cost of the license and ship the units with properly licensed Windows 8.1.

As far as early customers are concerned, I would not recommend to them to update the UEFI of their units under any case, since any firmware update could probably disable any included license, if any.

Comment

may order from GeekBuying

i chat with CS on 29th Jan they confirm that windows is Activated - i ordered on 25th Jan

Below is chat Transcript

--------------------------------------

Start Time: 01/29/2015 21:52:58
                                End Time: 01/29/2015 22:12:46
                                Operators: Ryan
                                Transcripts:
                                If you do not want to wait, please click here to leave us a message.
                                Operator Ryan has joined the chat.
                                [21:52:58] Ryan: Surprised Deals Every Day!! The Lowest Price,UMI Zero[in stock] Only $207.99 Today!! http://www.geekbuying.com/item/UMI-Z...ue-336142.html Elephone Series Phone Events Low to $49.99 http://promotion.geekbuying.com/prom...rand_event_jan $"0" to get a free IP67 Waterproof Phone&DOOGEE LEO DG280 5% OFF Saving after coupon: http://promotion.geekbuying.com/prom...g700_round_two The Budget Octa Core Phone only $94.99 with Free 8GB TF Card: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MLAIS...M_HPF_mlais_m9 elephone Series Crazy Sale+Free extra Free Gifts http://promotion.geekbuying.com/prom...ries_Promotion
                                [21:53:01] Ryan: Welcome to Geekbuying. How may I assist you?
                                [21:54:30] Visitor: hello
                                [21:54:55] Visitor: is Item Code: 339668 in stock?
                                [21:55:30] Visitor: if not when it will be ? if i ordered today when it will be shipped out from China??
                                [21:56:12] Visitor: hi
                                [22:00:40] Ryan: Please allow me just a moment to check into that for you.
                                [22:01:14] Ryan: sorry not enough in stock for shipment now
                                [22:01:45] Visitor: so when it will be there?
                                [22:03:16] Visitor: if i make and order now when it will be shipped , an please take china Holiday in consider ?
                                [22:05:14] Ryan: that should be shipped out to you next week and then take 15-25 business days by airmail
                                [22:06:04] Visitor: thats ok , i want to make sure it has activated Windows 8.1 and not a trial Copy
                                [22:06:13] Visitor: is that confirmed ??
                                [22:07:50] Ryan: yes it is `
                                [22:10:00] Visitor: OKi will make my order taking that as confirmation that Windows 8.1 with bing that comes with the Pipo X7 activated and Legal
                                [22:10:45] Ryan: yeah ~
                                [22:11:19] Visitor: thanks a lot
                                [22:12:14] Ryan: you are welcome
                                [22:12:22] Visitor: thanks bye
                                The visitor has left the chat.
                                The chat is ended.

i also Sent an email to There Customer support and they confirm
                                that windows will come activated not trial

Comment

Working...
                                X