• Show
Clear All

Looking for help. Tronsmart S89-H

Model " Nexus 10
    Build 111K4 Finless 2.1
    Kernel 3.10.33 Oman@ubunt

I put 3 files on the card to get finless 2.1. Seemed to install well

Questions
    What media launcher do you use ? Launcher or Media Box Launcher? Keeps asking me to pick. Not sure which one to stick with.
    Should you allow SuperSU accress to things like Kodi 14.0. I allowed it and i dont even know what its for ( Maybe I should have stuck with xbmc included with Finless 2.1?)
    My HDTV seems to refresh the input when the box is connected to the tv? (probably tv issue im guessing)
    I try and set my audio to go through receiver with Spdif Optical Cable but in sound options it stays on "Android Audio Track"
    My box randomly is freezing during general use like the home screen for no reason. (after installing finless am I supposed to remove something off sd card? Maybe my box is trying to read something and freezing it?
    Randomly it goes to the Swirling Amlogic A9 screen with the geekbuying logo below?

Sorry I just got this box and having a lot of issued already. If anyone could help me with some of it or even just pm me if they would like. Been looking over the forums for as much info as I could. If you can help me please reply. Thanks

Originally posted by SwampDonkey View Post
    Model " Nexus 10
    Build 111K4 Finless 2.1
    Kernel 3.10.33 Oman@ubunt

I put 3 files on the card to get finless 2.1. Seemed to install well

Questions
    What media launcher do you use ? Launcher or Media Box Launcher? Keeps asking me to pick. Not sure which one to stick with.
    Should you allow SuperSU accress to things like Kodi 14.0. I allowed it and i dont even know what its for ( Maybe I should have stuck with xbmc included with Finless 2.1?)
    My HDTV seems to refresh the input when the box is connected to the tv? (probably tv issue im guessing)
    I try and set my audio to go through receiver with Spdif Optical Cable but in sound options it stays on "Android Audio Track"
    My box randomly is freezing during general use like the home screen for no reason. (after installing finless am I supposed to remove something off sd card? Maybe my box is trying to read something and freezing it?
    Randomly it goes to the Swirling Amlogic A9 screen with the geekbuying logo below?

Sorry I just got this box and having a lot of issued already. If anyone could help me with some of it or even just pm me if they would like. Been looking over the forums for as much info as I could. If you can help me please reply. Thanks
    I use the mbox launcher the otherone looks like ubuntu and with a remote control te mbox launcher is eazier to manage.

Normally you remove the sd card when you have installed the firmware.

iam not sure about the spdif cable because i use hdmi to my amp.And that works fine only my tv (sharp 2012 model) sometimes makes problems by not switching from tv sund to amp sound than i get an echo.

yes supersu for kodi. I woudnt recoment 14.0 for the tronsmart. Better is www.tvaddons.ag here you have a full working kodi 13.3 i think. It has allready a lot of tv channels installed Navix genesis and many more .saves a lot of time and is stable. Also oman has one and stane has one both you have to install all with fusion.

normally when the finless logo is gone and you see the mbox menu you shouldnt have freezes. Did you do a full wipe when installing?

i hope this helps you a little.

Grtz Mario

Comment

Thank you for replying. I appreciate any help

I will try removing the rom files off the sd card and see if there is any change. Its weird. I never see the Mbox logo when starting up.

Is it easy to uninstall kodi and go back a version. I will try uninstalling Helix and go to the one provided with rom for hopefully a better experience. (Unitll they update stuff).

When I wiped I selected one of the wipe boxes. I cant remember which one. I was going by a previous posters suggestions. It said to wipe data I believe. I know their was 2 options but I just picked the one. Should have i selected both wipe options before installing finless 2.1

Once again thanks for the help. It did help a little. I will try when I get home and hopefully might fix some issues. Hopefully I can get some more help by someone who may have had same issue as me.

Originally posted by wheelboy View Post
      I use the mbox launcher the otherone looks like ubuntu and with a remote control te mbox launcher is eazier to manage.

Normally you remove the sd card when you have installed the firmware.

iam not sure about the spdif cable because i use hdmi to my amp.And that works fine only my tv (sharp 2012 model) sometimes makes problems by not switching from tv sund to amp sound than i get an echo.

yes supersu for kodi. I woudnt reccoment 14.0 for the tronsmart. Better is www.tvaddons.ag here you have a full working kodi 13.3 i think allready has some tv channels installed .saves a lot of time and is stable. Also oman has one and stane has one both you have to install all with fusion.

normally when the finless logo is gone and you see the mbox menu you shouldnt have freezes. Did you do a full wipe when installing?

i hope this helps you a little.

Grtz Mario

Comment

sorry your right it says amlogic and you see finless and an android on the screen and the amlogic has geekbuying in it

Comment

Well it depends on how you have installed kodi.you can always get it uninstalled with an apk manager.

You have to remove the sd card not remove the files. only when you install you need a clean card.

Pick both of the wipe options wipe dalvik and wipe cash

Comment

I sent you a pm. Thanks for some info
            Originally posted by wheelboy View Post
            Well it depends on how you have installed kodi.you can always get it uninstalled with an apk manager.

You have to remove the sd card not remove the files. only when you install you need a clean card.

Pick both of the wipe options wipe dalvik and wipe cash

Comment

Originally posted by SwampDonkey View Post
              I sent you a pm. Thanks for some info

your welcome. Iam always glad to get some help myselve if i dont understand tings and i cant find it on the website

Comment

The spidf option is in box settings section not in the android settings. When you use mediabox launcher, click on the settings box (above the clean memory) and then the advanced tab.
                Switch digital audio detection off and u can select the output you want

You would only see the boot animation during boot , so when it freezes and then you see boot animation , it probably means the box rebooted on its own.
                You could try re flashing the rom but it could also be a heat problem.

What you mean with hdtv refreshing the input? When you mean i.e. the box will not stay at 1080 ? Try reconnecting or a new/other hdmi cable
                Uno MAS
                Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                Ouya
                Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                Minix X8-H plus
                rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Working...
                X