I am new to xbmc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to xbmc

I cannot seem to find any answers to my questions online. I want to find the best set top box (using wifi) to obtain xbmc, mostly for viewing live TV/Cable Once I have the set top box, I want to know if I have to jailbreak it to add the add ons to get the live TV/Cable. Finally, I would like to know if I a going to have to add add ons from the PC or if I can add andnavigate everything from the set top box Thanks for the help.

Im new to android boxes but.

I know the Minix boxes are supposed to have good wifi.
    The new Minix Box looks very promising and I believe would work well for you.
    As for jailbreaking. I'm still new but look into roms for a specific device. I know Finless roms work well. You may need to root(jailbreaking) your device depending on which one you pick.
    Im not sure about add ons from the pc. I believe you can run everything from the box.
    Hope I could help a little. I would just suggest researching devices on the forums.
    Android, Windows, etc

Comment

Mimix

How do I know if the product has been rooted? Not sure what roms means?

Comment

Originally posted by drharrop View Post
        I cannot seem to find any answers to my questions online. I want to find the best set top box (using wifi) to obtain xbmc, mostly for viewing live TV/Cable Once I have the set top box, I want to know if I have to jailbreak it to add the add ons to get the live TV/Cable. Finally, I would like to know if I a going to have to add add ons from the PC or if I can add andnavigate everything from the set top box Thanks for the help.
        I'm new to the TV boxes as well so I cannot provide you in depth direction as to which one to choose. I can tell you about XBMC though, you can install add-ons directly on the tv box itself. Depending on what add-ons, you may need to download them. I would suggest searching on youtube as there are many videos on how to use xbmc.

Comment

Working...
        X