adb connect issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adb connect issue

Why can't I adb connect to the R89? Do I need to load something on the box first, or change settings or change iptables? It's not urgent, I just wanted to see if busybox was installed (it is, I found out another way), and I noticed it wouldn't connect.

I find it odd because I can adb connect to other devices. I can even connect to my crappy Amazon Fire TV stick (and the stick sets a whole new level of crappy).

Can Windows see it? If not, it could be a driver issue. Someone reported trouble when using the Windows generic driver.
    I think they resolved it by installing the driver in the rockchip toolkit.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      Can Windows see it? If not, it could be a driver issue. Someone reported trouble when using the Windows generic driver.
      I think they resolved it by installing the driver in the rockchip toolkit.
      Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm talking about connecting over the network with "adb start-server" and then "adb connect <ip address>". I can do that with all my other devices, including Fire TV stick. There's no driver involved in that kind of connection.

It's no big deal. I just wanted to know if there was a simple setting solution or something. Thanks for answering, though!

Comment

If I'm not wrong, at RockChip they don't use ADB over WiFi at default (they don't implement it)...
        And as if that were not enough, at windows I have to use the ADB by neomode to connect to the box via OTG http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/adb.zip
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I am attempting to debug an application on a Motorola Droid, but I am having some difficulty connecting to the device via USB. My development server is a Windows 7 64-bit VM running in Hyper-V, and...

setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
          stop adbd
          start adbd

Comment

Originally posted by ropo View Post
            http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...h-adb-over-tcp

setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555
            stop adbd
            start adbd

Thanks! That's outdated, though. Here's the way to do it:

adb kill-server
            adb start-server
            adb connect <ip address>

It assumes port 5555 automatically. I can connect to the Roku, but not to the R89. As mentioned above, I don't think the R89 has the service installed/running.

Comment

Sorry for the misunderstanding. My three commands need to be issued on the R89 to listen to port 5555.

I have a rooted ssh server running on the R89, so I use putty to connect and can type in the commands. Or you install a console app to type them in

Comment

Originally posted by ropo View Post
                Sorry for the misunderstanding. My three commands need to be issued on the R89 to listen to port 5555.

I have a rooted ssh server running on the R89, so I use putty to connect and can type in the commands. Or you install a console app to type them in
                Thanks so much! I forgot all about using ssh. I'll try those adb commands on the R89 first, though.

Comment

Working...
                X