Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howto: easy unbrick S805 Vibox, Dazzle, Sourc**** xs805, a-shure ... m201 TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howto: easy unbrick S805 Vibox, Dazzle, Sourc**** xs805, a-shure ... m201 TV Box

I just did the same failure as here, > bricked
    but I found a simple method without opening the case and soldering serial pins:

The lack of a mini usb port does not mean that no connection to PC for use of the USB-Burning-Tool is possible!

Needs:
    A "A-A" usb- cable is necessary.

1. Connect left usb port of the box to PC. (make shure, that the box is also powered by AC adapter)

2. Use the Amlogic USB-Burning-Tool, as described ie here:
    Method 2: use amlogic usb burning tool to update the firmware. If you stuck at boot image or you think you totally brick your mk808b plus, you can try the following method: ...
    The moborobo step was unnecessary.

3. reminder: you need firmware in image format. Still I've not found a stock img, but as mentioned here a custom MQX is working fine. (and easy to find by google)

Now the box is working again, you can flash every firmware format again, also this file, if you like it original.
    Last edited by nogo; 01-31-2015, 22:50. Reason: deleted one failure

How to backup and restore whole firmware

Just tried the TWRP backup and restore on these boxes.

It works.

Just follow this guide.
    Choose the Tv110 recovery.img.

Comment

Excellent info, thanks. Will remember this for next time I brick.

Comment

With my m201 MBX s805 box without reset button im using the nand shorcut trick to unbrick and enter in twrp recovery mod

sd card inserted with twrp mod from Daemonium
        shorcut pin 8 and pin 9 of the nand with a niddle
        power on with psu
        box boot on twrp recovery

Comment

Working...
        X