Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M82 MXIII Box Appears to be Dead - Any Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M82 MXIII Box Appears to be Dead - Any Advice?

I have an MXIII 2GB box that appears to be dead..no light and no output. (The SPDF socket LED is ON). Have checked the power supply and have ruled out power supply failure. The board is marked M82_V3.0_20140826
    Any help would be appreciated....

Originally posted by Totopops View Post
    I have an MXIII 2GB box that appears to be dead..no light and no output. (The SPDF socket LED is ON). Have checked the power supply and have ruled out power supply failure. The board is marked M82_V3.0_20140826
    Any help would be appreciated....
    Did you try the "Toothpick", or as I like to call it the Q-tip trick yet? (i.e. Reset / Recovery).
    Basiclly it involves shoving a plastic Q-tip end, with the Cotton bit removed! Into the AV Port where the Reset Switch is located. I found on some Boxes you just need to hold it before, and durring the time you press the Power Button, and then release it. While on others you have to hold the Switch till it actually hits the recovery Screen.

If that's still not doing it for you... Then you might have to check the MXIII Firmware Thread, and get the Windows Programert Tool, and try force flashing a newer Firmware that way.

Comment

Actually, I had tried the A/V port reset with no results. After that, I also tried to flash firmware via micro SD card again with no response. I then tried to force flash newer firmware via USB port using the Windows program. This was also not successful because Windows does not appear to see any attached device. I appear to have run out of options unless there is anything else I can try.

I have heard that there may be some way to jumper the board to reset it but I have not found specific details. Is this a possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by Totopops View Post
        Actually, I had tried the A/V port reset with no results. After that, I also tried to flash firmware via micro SD card again with no response. I then tried to force flash newer firmware via USB port using the Windows program. This was also not successful because Windows does not appear to see any attached device. I appear to have run out of options unless there is anything else I can try.

I have heard that there may be some way to jumper the board to reset it but I have not found specific details. Is this a possibility?
        Coming form someone who bricked his M82 (1G/8G AP-6181) MXIII, within ~ca. 20 minuits of taking delivery of it.
        I can probably tell you this much. The Jumper Trick is or was meant for the older MX Box. I tried it to no success on my Box back then as well, to no apperent success.

The trick I found is to do the following... (As an OS I used Win7 x64 which had access to the Internet. e.g. Automated Driver Search)
        1) Start the USB Burner Tool, set up your OTG Cable (PC End)
        2) Connect the OTG Cable to the Device End
        3) Plug the DC Jack into the Back End of the Device
        4) Insert your Toothpick / Q-tip etc into the AV Port AND HOLD IT!
        5) Now press the Power Button, AND ABOVE ALL DO NOT RELEASE THE RESET SWITCH TILL YOU HEAR A WINDOWS DING! Note: This may take upwards of ~90 Seconds to actually happen. At which point Windows should automatically install the WorldCup Driver needed to program the Device again.
        Which should also then allow you then see it under the USB Burner Tool again.

6) If that doesn't work as such you could try installing something called morobo?! Which should also install the needed WorldCup Driver. I never actually had to use this as Windows was in my case able to fetch thoses Drivers for me, however YMMV...

Comment

Working...
        X