Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I remotely admin an MXIII Amlogic S802?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I remotely admin an MXIII Amlogic S802?

I've setup one of these wonderful boxes and an unRAID server at a friend's house. I can remotely admin the server and transfer content to it via an antique Dell machine running Ubuntu. Easy peasy. But there are the occasional modifications I'd like to make to the Amlogic box and it's way easier for me to do that than walk her through the steps.

I'm mainly looking to:

1) update library
    2) clean library
    3) run missing movie scanner

If these can be done via command line, that's fine. Regular GUI is better...

Thanks!

Originally posted by dakotasurfer View Post
    I've setup one of these wonderful boxes and an unRAID server at a friend's house. I can remotely admin the server and transfer content to it via an antique Dell machine running Ubuntu. Easy peasy. But there are the occasional modifications I'd like to make to the Amlogic box and it's way easier for me to do that than walk her through the steps.

I'm mainly looking to:

1) update library
    2) clean library

Thanks!
    An interesting question. But doesn't XBMC/Kodi not already do most of that?
    I'll grant you that you first have to manually set it up to automaticly scan the Libraries, and or clean them on each boot, or activation, of XBMC/Kodi though.
    Besides I kinda fail to see the point of attempting to do this remotely on a Google TV Device. Beit, an Android or, other.
    Normally these kinds of Devices wouldn't have that kind of Storage on board. As these thing were conceptualized to just stream Media off the Net. It seems to me though that you should be looking for a way to remotely administer the NAS Box, or the PC that's actually hosting the Files.

So assuming for a second that you have a USB HDD attached to store Local Data, and it was this that you wanted to "manage". My recommendation might be to try downloading something called Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon. You can find it in the Googl Play Store. Best of all it free, and its a great way to push, or pull smallsh Files like .m3u's for IPTV, or the odd .apk that I have to sideload, do to an "incomaptability".

SFTP works just like an FTP you can push, and pull stuff to your hearts content.
    SSH gets you to the command line which is also useful if you need that kind of thing.

Of course I guess the trick for you would be setting up a DNS Domain as such so you could gain access off Site. Unfourtunatly I only use this to manage my Intranet of things. So I'd be pretty clueless as to how to set that up externally. Though it shouldn't be that hard I reckon. I'd be more concerned about how to secure it down on that end though.

Comment

Originally posted by dakotasurfer View Post

I'm mainly looking to:

1) update library
      2) clean library

Thanks!
      Update and clean library can be done with Yatse or http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Remotely_update_library. I don't know missing movie scanner, but I am pretty sure you can run that through a remote app as well...

Comment

I think you are looking for something like
        TeamViewer

or VNC Server
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
        X