Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mani078 View Post
    Hi avion

I tried to rebuild kernel from the source you mentioned in your first post then flash the kernel but it just stuck on first screen i tried to rebuild with toolchain arm-eabi-linaro-4.6.2 this just stuck on boot screen, if try to rebuild with arm-linux-androideabi-4.7 this gives me no boot at all.

any idea what i am doing wrong? i want to rebuild kernel with touchscreen driver.

Thanks
    Well, personally I'm using arm-linux-gnueabi-4.7. I think you are missing the rkutils package, after compiling the kernel you must crc it with rkcrc.
    f you don't have those utils here is the git :

git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/naobsd/rkutils

Compile them and you are set to go, after compiling the kernel you can do something like this:

../rkutils/rkcrc -k arch/arm/boot/Image ../kernel-`date +"%m_%d_%Y"`.img

(change the path to rkcrc, thisi will append date string to kernel filename)

PS. first try to build / run kernel without any modification, after you confirm it's working you should continue to add drivers etc. Be careful that the kernel doesn't grow over the kernel partition size

Comment

Originally posted by avion View Post
      Well, personally I'm using arm-linux-gnueabi-4.7. I think you are missing the rkutils package, after compiling the kernel you must crc it with rkcrc.
      f you don't have those utils here is the git :

git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/naobsd/rkutils

Compile them and you are set to go, after compiling the kernel you can do something like this:

../rkutils/rkcrc -k arch/arm/boot/Image ../kernel-`date +"%m_%d_%Y"`.img

(change the path to rkcrc, thisi will append date string to kernel filename)

PS. first try to build / run kernel without any modification, after you confirm it's working you should continue to add drivers etc. Be careful that the kernel doesn't grow over the kernel partition size
      yes i was using the rkcrc but it was pre compile i just downloaded and recompile rkcrc from your link and build kernel with one of the default config from source, if i flash the new kernel the stick just boots back into flash mode but if i flash the kernel from your rom it boots ok. i also changed to arm-linux-gnueabi-4.7 as well but no difference.

which configuration did you used to build the kernel? or can i extract the config from your rom?

Comment

Originally posted by mani078 View Post
        yes i was using the rkcrc but it was pre compile i just downloaded and recompile rkcrc from your link and build kernel with one of the default config from source, if i flash the new kernel the stick just boots back into flash mode but if i flash the kernel from your rom it boots ok. i also changed to arm-linux-gnueabi-4.7 as well but no difference.

which configuration did you used to build the kernel? or can i extract the config from your rom?
        I think last kernels have the config incorporated, but here .. I've posted copy to the gists:

.config. GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets.

This config might have some additional drivers enabled.

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for your Help, finally got it working with your config now i have MK809II with MT5931 WIFI+BT working and my 23 inch Touch screen monitor Hanns-G HT231 working with full 1080P

Thanks again, i have attached the kernel just if somebody else looking for it for same device.

KernelMK809II.zip

Comment

Originally posted by ramx2 View Post
            Well do you consider me doing something when issues occurs? Maybe it could help you out debug it?

I forgot to tell you that Rikomagic released a new firmware 4.4 for the newest gen RKM MK802IIIS8G(B) FW_141230 https://copy.com/TcYFEYvjMNNkVZkn source page: http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_42_1.html

I tried it on the first gen Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) wifi and bt didn't work out due to different BT and Wifi chipsets as I recall they are using Broadcom chips. Mine are from Media tek, but the firmware is operational, maybe you could use it and implement wifi and bt drivers from your own rom
            To be honest, I don't plan to develop the firmware any further (except kernel updates ). I almost ruined mine recovery (reset) button on the imito, and I'm sure it will stop working shortly if I continue to test everything with this rate.

Thing is that I'm quite satisfied with functionality right now.
            And instead of developing further (there is no point as performance can't be improved much further) I'm planning to acquire some new device.

Comment

Hello avion,

Could you please build a 1080p kernel with RTL8188eu support builtin like you did for RTL8192CU above?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by giko View Post
                Hello avion,

Could you please build a 1080p kernel with RTL8188eu support builtin like you did for RTL8192CU above?

Thanks in advance
                Ok here you go, but note ordinarly it's not enaugh to compile the driver itself .. you need to adjust the PINS also (I've dumped them on working kernel and updated the source code)

Anyway I've compiled it with default values so it might or might not work depending on your luck

RTL8188eu 1080p kernel http://d-h.st/JeI

Comment

Ok here you go, but note ordinarly it's not enaugh to compile the driver itself .. you need to adjust the PINS also (I've dumped them on working kernel and updated the source code)

Anyway I've compiled it with default values so it might or might not work depending on your luck

It's working!!!
                  Before that I've got my stick stuck on reloading com.android.provision.DefaultActivity screen endlessly.

The stck is Upvel UM-514TV

Comment

I got it working with my original mk808b and the mk808b kk kernel from BalintBanyasz. Unfortunately I ran into multiple issues, the scaling settings not being saved being one of them. Other issues were Google Play Service errors (had to do something with the auto time zone I think, but I kept getting them even when I turned it off) and a favorite app of mine (Air Keyboard server) not being able to install (error is 'app is not installed').

My Antutu score with Wifi turned on was also very low, as predicted. In comparison, my previous score with wifi turned on was 13000+ (now 7464).

Just an fyi

Edit: just read about SDfix etc..

Edit 2: unfortunately SDfix does not work, neither do the terminal instructions at the Air Keyboard website. I'm going to stick to this rom for now though, since it performs slightly better than Shomari's.

Edit 3: installed Air Keyboard Server after installen Xposed Framework and Disable Signature Check. Adding
                    Code:
                    echo "yscale=100" > /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale
                    echo "xscale=100" > /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale
                    (whick are the right scales) to 99SuperSUDaemon does not work unfortunately.

Edit 4: Antutu score with ethernet: 11038. This was with stock power supply and developer options off. I'll try some different setups next.
                    Last edited by swnndn; 03-31-2015, 02:06.

Comment

Thanks it works on my b13s kimdecent!!! but av-out not working on 4.4, what should i change to make it also work?
                      CS918(old wifi)+Air Mouse ea-01
                      Out: TV LG HDMI (1 day a week AV out Samsung Tv)
                      CX919(wifi ap6210)+Mele F10
                      Out: TV LG HDMI

Comment

MK802-IIIS Rikomagic boot loop, problem? install v1.1

thanks!!!

Comment

Try to change your power adapter, you can try phone charger as a replacement, I'm using a charger for S3 2.0 A (mpers)

Comment

Thanks AViON for this ROM. It's fully working on my iMito MX1 with overclocked 1080p/1608/400/600 kernel. WiFi work great also Bluetooth work with my soundbar but not smoothly signal disappear sometime. No Location service but after copy "Fusedlocation.apk" to /system/app and then install Goggle Map can enable location service not that difficult.
                            CPU govern set Perfomance and i/O schedule deadline Antutu score about 19,000 very impressive. Thank again for your great hard work.

Comment

Hi all, I flashed this rom and during the boot up it updated all the app then come to the screen that has an Android icon on the top with a bar underneath and flickering. I think it tried to load the launcher but never make it. I left it flickering for 20 mins and no go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
                              fyi - I can run finess and neon rom without issue on my device, so it should be compatible with this rom. - my has an external antenna.

Comment

Does this work on pipo max m1 as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X