Overscan problem on all my displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overscan problem on all my displays

I have tried the X7 on 3 plasmas and 2 LCD displays and i have the same overscan problem on them all.
    About 103-105% overscan.

Originally posted by vbg69 View Post
    I have tried the X7 on 3 plasmas and 2 LCD displays and i have the same overscan problem on them all.
    About 103-105% overscan.
    Hello, I do not own an X7, but in my Ugoos UT3, in settings, under the display section, there is a setting for this called, "Screen Scale". Maybe the X7 has something similar.
    Good luck.

Comment

Same here and nothing I have tried so far resolves the issue.

Comment

most tv-sets has settings to deal with this issue, on my lg i have to choose just scan, i dont have the x7 yet but have a nuc with intel hd, in driversettings there is screen scaling too

Comment

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
          most tv-sets has settings to deal with this issue, on my lg i have to choose just scan, i dont have the x7 yet but have a nuc with intel hd, in driversettings there is screen scaling too
          Same here, My newer TV had no issue syncing. My older LG I had to go into settings and select "just scan" otherwise I got over scan issues.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Overscanning has nothing to do with external devices. It is a feature of the TV sets. Overscanning (image zooming) is a common practice used with analog TV sets and analog TV signal, to hide any probable peripheral visual artifacts. Even digital signal can contain peripheral visual artifacts, in the case it is not purely digital, but encoded from analog devices, which can be common in TV broadcasting. Using digital displays and pure digital signal, you want to display the full digital signal without any overscanning. The problem is that most HD ready TV sets always enforce overscanning, whether the signal is analog or digital. Full HD TV sets have an option to disable overscanning, which must be enabled if true digital content is displayed. This option can be named as Just Scan, PC etc. Some newer TV sets may optionally recognize a PC signal and switch overscanning off automatically. If the signal characteristics are similar to those of other external devices, the TV set may not be able to properly recognize a PC signal. Any available PC labeled inputs do not enforce overscanning.

The Screen Scaling option is an ugly solution. It shrinks the original image being created by the computer to compensate for overscanning being enforced by the TV set, thus resulting in a full screen image, but twice interpolated, not being actually 1:1 pixel mapped.

If your TV set has an option to disable overscanning, always use this option combined with 100% Screen Scaling.

Comment

Did anyone found solution to this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post
                Did anyone found solution to this problem?
                There is no "solution" to this "problem". As I wrote before, overscanning is not a "problem" but a feature of the TV sets, having nothing to do with any connected external devices. Overscanning is generally enforced by the TV set, whether the signal comes from the internal tuner or an external device. The only "solution" is to disable overscanning through the TV set menu, if any such option is available. If not, you cannot do anything about it. According to the specifications, all Full HD TV sets should have this option available, named variously, but it is an optional feature for HD Ready TV sets. The TV sets are generally not intended to be used as computer monitors, so with cheaper models most of the times there is no way to disable overscanning. The VGA input, if any, is supposed to be fed by a computer signal, so normally overscanning should be disabled, but the HDMI inputs are supposed to be fed by external media devices, not computers, so normally overscanning is enabled. Do not blame any external device if your TV set has limited specifications.

Comment

Working...
                X