Raspberry pi 2 is out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raspberry pi 2 is out.

Quad core a7 only 1080p but that's all I use anyway. I've got one on back order cause they are just out. I'm going to use this until the rk3288 is in a decent state to use. right now it's a lot better than it was but my old netbook is a better experience than im getting with this box. As soon as the box is smooth and no stutters ill use it till then ill use the faster raspberry when it comes. I'll just use my ole air mouse and a wireless adaptor.

I do believe that this BerrII also is Windows for Arm friendly. Good-bye to open source unless, we all take a stand. My next RockChip won't be the current Mali,VPU arrangement. Not happy with either right now.

Comment

All the hardware in the berry is open source won't be a problem. Just need something till this box is usable like it should be. m8 in the living room works just fine. This box will get there just don't know when lol

Comment

Here a nice speed comparison P1 vs. P2 http://video.golem.de/pc-hardware/14...i-1-und-2.html
        And here the whole article translated by google https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Might be fast enough for me to use guitarix on it as well being quad core

Comment

The little pi is running great smooth as a hot knife through butter. Rockchip really need to get there finger out will be using this box. We should really make a raspberry pi 2 section in the tv players section. All these great spec boxes out and the software support just isint there. My m8 box is usable as a box as well to be fair it took a while to get there.

Comment

Mine is in the mail, FYI, RockChip has licensed Microsoft and I believe Intel. We will see what happens the second half of this year. I believe we will see an SDK from MSoft, and the nice part it should and could; be Rockchip friendly. There is a new community for Windows on Arm, so will see how it goes. Watch the advertising the 512 memory is the $35, for about $10 more the 1G memory is available.

---cappybob

Comment

Well j got the quad core pi 2. I suppose people could go wrong and get original model b. They are selling like hotcakes though. It's a nice expandable box. It's only 1080p but hey it works like it should and it's an hd tv I'm using. All these new boxes have great specs but stutter. I wish they would just support linux instead of just android bloat ware on top of linux and half the problems would dissappear from these boxes.

Comment

I also have a Pi 2 on the way - my first Raspberry! I have read so much about the good things that this small cheap board can do that I could not resist ordering one.

I also have a ChromeBox with OpenElec/KODI that I am extremely pleased with. As a result, my Android boxes are now used only for streaming videos from my NAS. It will be a long, long time before I purchase another Android box.

Comment

Originally posted by jchoong View Post
                    I also have a Pi 2 on the way - my first Raspberry! I have read so much about the good things that this small cheap board can do that I could not resist ordering one.

I also have a ChromeBox with OpenElec/KODI that I am extremely pleased with. As a result, my Android boxes are now used only for streaming videos from my NAS. It will be a long, long time before I purchase another Android box.
                    Android boxes are good if you want something all around. Emulation and anything that requires heavy cpu usage.

If the only thing you use is Kodi, then Raspberry Pi does it well with openelec.

If The RK3288 gets 3D acceleration enabled on Linux, it will be the cheapest fanless solution to a mini desktop solution.

It all depends on wants and needs. I myself have an R28 but ordered a Pi 2. Because of OpenElec...

The Android box has it's other uses...they're also great for media servers.

Comment

Raspberry pi 2 is out.

Originally posted by theeze View Post
                      Android boxes are good if you want something all around. Emulation and anything that requires heavy cpu usage.

If the only thing you use is Kodi, then Raspberry Pi does it well with openelec.

If The RK3288 gets 3D acceleration enabled on Linux, it will be the cheapest fanless solution to a mini desktop solution.

It all depends on wants and needs. I myself have an R28 but ordered a Pi 2. Because of OpenElec...

The Android box has it's other uses...they're also great for media servers.
                      I would agree if the developers updated the software. Obviously this isint happening they are releasing chip set after chipset and not doing the software end properly. It's a shame these boxes are capable of so much more but are not fit for purpose at the point of sale. I would disagree that android is better for emulation. It's just more overhead on linux. But both are as capable of running well if supported properly. The only advantage of android for a tv box and in general is access to the play store apps.

The raspberry pi 2 has no 3d I hear what your saying but as far as emulation is concerned 3d doesn't really help unless you mapping code dynamically or a host recompile. As for things like older consoles snes, genesis mame 2d games ect the raspberry pi 2 can run that fine. The r28 does have a benefit of a faster cpu for emulation but filled with micro stutters and system freezes it ruins the experience of most things. People will blame rockchip for this no doubt but other rk3288 boxes are in a better state than the tronsmart ones because the people making the these boxes are putting the software development time in. The fact that geekbuying and tronsmart said they would heavily support this box and didn't really shows how this cash machine works. Sell the box forget the user's and make it usable in a few months time
                      . Then start selling then next box when it's not ready at point of sale again. My advice for anyone getting a new box. Wait 6 months before considering buying it by that time it's possible it will be usable. Just my penny's worth.
                      Last edited by grant2258; 02-15-2015, 14:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X