Help me figure out what model/manufacturer this TV box is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me figure out what model/manufacturer this TV box is

My friend gave me a device that has no branding on it anywhere. I am trying to determine what it is so I can update the firmware, the wifi and lan are both only getting about 1/3 the speed I should be getting.

I opened it up and it has a realtek wifi adapter. Android 4.2.2 in settings it says "About Mediabox" instead of about device. In there it says its model number is x6. Cpuz is showing that it is a 1.5ghz amlogic cpu with mali 400 gpu and 1gb ram.

I have attached some pictures, hopefully someone knows what this thing is.
    Attached Files

bluetimes mx5 dual core miracast

Originally posted by nadrojcote View Post
    My friend gave me a device that has no branding on it anywhere. I am trying to determine what it is so I can update the firmware, the wifi and lan are both only getting about 1/3 the speed I should be getting.

I opened it up and it has a realtek wifi adapter. Android 4.2.2 in settings it says "About Mediabox" instead of about device. In there it says its model number is x6. Cpuz is showing that it is a 1.5ghz amlogic cpu with mali 400 gpu and 1gb ram.

I have attached some pictures, hopefully someone knows what this thing is.
    hi. first post. box looks very similar to the mx5 i got from bluetimes in 2013. if this is not posted right. forgive me. new to this.

Comment

Originally posted by coll57 View Post
      hi. first post. box looks very similar to the mx5 i got from bluetimes in 2013. if this is not posted right. forgive me. new to this.

Thanks! It appears mine is a knock off. It is using G03REF Board. It says in cpuz that it is an MBX X6. I am going to try to find some firmware for this device.

Comment

Working...
      X